cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unknown Error

I am current testing integration in live environment using SIM approach, and upon my first transaction the payment form displays Unknown Error. Anyone know what causes this to appear? 

I do not know how to upload images to this post, else I could provive a screenshot.

Misfiring89
Contributor
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

so you are running in testmode on a live account?

use 4111111111111111

View solution in original post

Go in the merchant account and set something for the MD5, I wonder if there is a default that is set on the production account.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

What were the exact message? So the test account works on the test server, but now the live account doesn't work on the production server?

RaynorC1emen7
Expert

That's exactly it. The exact message is Unknown Error. That's it. I have no idea what this signifies.

Did you get it when it try to get to the payment form? or when you try to submit on the payment form?

After submit.

I use the usual credit card number that is used for testing. All other parameters should be correct since its able to display the payment form. The account is currently in Test Mode.

so you are running in testmode on a live account?

use 4111111111111111

It worked. I can't believe that is what causing the problem. I say the documentation need a serious update as I can't find this 4111111111111111 anywhere. The redirect is successful so you have my thanks.

Now I have another issue though, the returned error message is "Unable to verify MD5 value.". I did not set any MD5 hash key in the merchant setting and I set the login key as the hash key in the relay url, which works in test site. 

Go in the merchant account and set something for the MD5, I wonder if there is a default that is set on the production account.

Thanks for the help. Now things are going well, although it still tries to load my home page for a second before the relay page redirects to my receipt page. Other than that, it is working fine.