cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using API to figure out recurring

Hey folks,

Heres the situation:

We have a recurring subscription service, it bills people a set amount every 3 months.

I'd like to know if we can use the API to download the data, and sort out exactly what clients are recurring, and what clients are new, so we know how many new clients we're bringing in and how much we're making on the recurring charges.

If the API can do this, is there any suggested developer companies out there that can program such a system for us ?

Thanks.

capeuicham
5 REPLIES 5

If you do not have a silent post page set up already and have not been collecting transaction data, the only way to retrieve the transaction information is to use the Transaction Details API. Problem is, the only way to tell which ones are subscriptions is this:

When the Silent Post URL feature is enabled, name/value pair responses for both ARB transactions and all other non-ARB transactions will post to the specified URL. To determine which transaction responses are for ARB payments, you can parse the response for the x_subscription_id (Subscription ID) and the x_subscription_paynum (Subscription Payment Number) fields. These fields are only returned in ARB subscription transaction responses.

According to the documentation, those fields are not returned in the Transaction Details API, though I don't know if that's true or someone just left them out of the documentation. Short of that, you would have had to pass an internal account number or something so they can be matched up / separated from one another. Have you been doing that?

I guess the short answer is that this is easily doable if the solution only has to work going forward. If it has to work retroactively, then things may get rather complicated depending on how your system has been set up. If your site uses an SQL database of some sort (MySQL, etc.) then I can probably program something for you, figure $200-$300 depending on how detailed the statistics you want to generate are, or if you have Quickbooks, you can just download a file from your interface every now and then (haven't tried this, since I don't have Quickbooks, so I don't know what the data looks like).

TJPride
Expert

When the Silent Post URL feature is enabled, name/value pair responses for both ARB transactions and all other non-ARB transactions will post to the specified URL. To determine which transaction responses are for ARB payments, you can parse the response for the x_subscription_id (Subscription ID) and the x_subscription_paynum (Subscription Payment Number) fields. These fields are only returned in ARB subscription transaction responses.

How can i test it for  ARB payments ?

regards

Athena

Hi Athena,

When you're doing your testing, just make sure to parse the responses for those two fields quoted above: x_subscription_id and x_subscription_paynum as they are unique to ARB payments.

Thanks,

Michelle

Developer Community Manager

Sorry but How can i test it for  ARB payments?

how can we get the post response?

by $_POST or $_GET or any other way..please can you explain it???

When you have established a silent post page, Authorize.Net will send you the transaction results as an http POST. If you are using PHP, then this would be accessed via the $_POST object.