cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why does updateCustomerPaymentProfileRequest() generate an email?

I am testing in the sandbox and when calling updateCustomerPaymentProfileRequest(), it generates the standard text based email response and is going to my test account's email address. Even though it says "Transaction Type: Authorization Only" in the ORDER INFORMATION section, can I safely assume it is NOT attempting to authorize or charge the card? Also, is there a specific email notification checkbox in the Users area that I could disable this if not wanted?

Thanks in advance!

beachboy301
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @beachboy301

Are you passing validationMode as live in the request ?

If so it does a validation Auth for which the email is send . You can disable the emails via Merchant interface under Account settings . 

validationMode Indicates the processing mode for the request. If the customer profile contains no payment data, this field should not be sent.

- liveMode: A $0 or $0.01 (depending on card type and processor) live transaction is processed against the card and then immediately voided. Address is required for cards that support $0 authorizations and will be validated along with card code if submitted.

- testMode: Card data is validated using simple mathematical checks to confirm that it appears to be valid. It is not a guarantee that the card is legitimate and customer data is not validated.

Send feedback at developer_feedback@authorize.net

View solution in original post

Anurag
Moderator Moderator
2 REPLIES 2

Hi @beachboy301

Are you passing validationMode as live in the request ?

If so it does a validation Auth for which the email is send . You can disable the emails via Merchant interface under Account settings . 

validationMode Indicates the processing mode for the request. If the customer profile contains no payment data, this field should not be sent.

- liveMode: A $0 or $0.01 (depending on card type and processor) live transaction is processed against the card and then immediately voided. Address is required for cards that support $0 authorizations and will be validated along with card code if submitted.

- testMode: Card data is validated using simple mathematical checks to confirm that it appears to be valid. It is not a guarantee that the card is legitimate and customer data is not validated.

Send feedback at developer_feedback@authorize.net
Anurag
Moderator Moderator

Hi Anurag,

Thank you! I do have it set to testmode. I use:

request.validationMode = validationModeEnum.testMode

in the code. So this setting is what is assuring it is not getting authorized. I will need to remember to reset before going live.

I was able to disable the notification emails by unchecking the box next to "Transaction Receipt" in the Transaction Emails section of my user profile.

Thank you very much.