cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

facing problem with the silent postback reponse for Accept hosted

Hi there,

We are in the process of implementing an Accept hosted solution for one of our java application deployed on the app server in the dmz. We have specified public IP of this server in the authorize.net sandbox account in order to receive the response. Our payment gateway id is 658732 and APIlogin id is :3q4RwR6c. We have been facing problem while getting the Silent postback response from authrize.net for our application after accessing the hosted page and entering the credit card details over the page in order to remain PCI complaint even though the public IPs have been whitelisted.

Also we'd like to know if we shall be receiving the payment profile id in the postback response if we were to add "addPaymentProfile   " field in the hosted page settings so that we can use that in order to create a recurring subscription.

Also in the transaction history report, we are not able to see the customer name and invoice number associated with any transaction although we have been entering all the relevant details in the hosted page form(redirect approach).

Looking forward to hearing from you. Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

Mohammed

Mohammed
Contributor
7 REPLIES 7

Hi @Mohammed

Have you looked in to useing Webhooks for the below use cases ?

https://developer.authorize.net/api/reference/features/webhooks.html

Slient Post is nearing End of Life .

Send feedback at developer_feedback@authorize.net
Anurag
Moderator Moderator

Hi Anurag,

Thanks for your response. I have tried to place the silent post URL(with the public IP of the server in our DMZ) in the webhook section but I still do not receive any webhook notification or postback response to our server once I fill in the transaction details on the Accept hosted Page.

Also as I previously pointed out, I still do not see any invoice numbers and customer name for a particlular transaction in the Reports section of the sandbox account and I think this could be the reason for the postback response not been sent back to us from the authorize.net side.

We are under a very tight timeline with getting this Accept hosted integration setup as quickly as possible.  We have a authorize.net related production release scheduled after couple of  weeks.  In order to meet that timeline we need this integration setup so our RNL QA team can test and validate our changes. I would like to have a small meeting your technical team in order to overcome the roadblocks that we have been having. Looking forward to hearing from you. Thanks.

Best regards,

Mohammed

I am receiving the transaction response details via the email everytime and not to the webhook endpoint that I have specified in the sandbox account.

@Mohammed

Can you provide a sample API request with any sensitive data removed.  Also, please make certain that your silent post or webhook urls are on standard port 80 or 443.

Richard

we are not providing/supplying the transaction/credit card details through an API request in the code but on the Accept hosted page itself in order to be PCI compliant. Also both the silent post url and webhook endpoint have the https prefixes attached to them .

Mohammed

Also we'd expect the webhook notification to initiate immediatly as soon as the transaction is completed that we can redirect from our end to our own transaction resilt page.

Also we'd like to have our custom hidden parameter sent back to us through the webhook notification that we are sending through the hosted page so that we can map that transaction id/invoice number with the customer id on our side once we receive the postback response.