cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

should I upgrade from HTTP GET before adding new features

I am looking for guidance on next steps before adding new functions to our app. Since we are using the HTTP GET (actually POSTing, though) and that API is End of Life, the upgrade guide recommends going to the Authorize.net API.

I have not worked on this app yet, and before starting, wanted to see if...

1. Is it possible to add one function (the updating of credit card info) via the new API, while leaving our current code that uses the old API in place for now?
  2. Are there any security issues with continuing with HTTP POST?
  3. Are they going to be dropping support for HTTP GET, and when?
jsahol
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

1. Is it possible to add one function (the updating of credit card info) via the new API, while leaving our current code that uses the old API in place for now?

You should be able to switch out any old method with the corresponding new method.

Not sure about any security issues but the new API likely is more secure, at least the endpoints. As the old methods may stop working at Anet's will, your app may have functional issues.

This is an unknown. I just upgraded from AIM to the new API Payment Transaction method and it went smoothly. One gotcha is there is no option to send a copy of the merchant receipt to an email address specified in the Payment method. This was possible with the AIM x_merchant_email field.

View solution in original post

hawc2k
Contributor
Contributor
1 REPLY 1

You should be able to switch out any old method with the corresponding new method.

Not sure about any security issues but the new API likely is more secure, at least the endpoints. As the old methods may stop working at Anet's will, your app may have functional issues.

This is an unknown. I just upgraded from AIM to the new API Payment Transaction method and it went smoothly. One gotcha is there is no option to send a copy of the merchant receipt to an email address specified in the Payment method. This was possible with the AIM x_merchant_email field.

hawc2k
Contributor
Contributor