cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ERROR - Invalid or missing prop: merchant_category_code, usd_outlet_id, usd_terminal_id

Hi All. Seems like this is a problem that more than one person has had in the past but that it's not possible to fix from the Business Center. Here's the error I am getting when trying to process a transaction from the Business Center Virtual Terminal:

The following property is either invalid or missing: merchant_category_code, usd_outlet_id, usd_terminal_id

Can someone help me fix it? Thanks in advance

rreyes1979
3 REPLIES 3

Hi I have the same issue. Here's my merchant ID pinn_sandbox_1726819226

pinndev

I'm using the microform (flex API) on frontend then the payments API (backend) on authorizing payments.

pinndev

The error you're encountering suggests that some critical fields are either missing or incorrectly formatted when processing a transaction via the Business Center Virtual Terminal. Specifically, the missing or invalid properties are:

1. merchant_category_code: This is a four-digit code used to classify the type of business. It identifies the nature of the transaction and the business type.
  2. usd_outlet_id: Likely refers to an outlet identifier that is specific to the merchant or terminal.
  3. usd_terminal_id: Refers to the unique identifier of the terminal used for the transaction.

Here are steps you can take to resolve the issue:

1. Ensure All Required Fields Are Properly Filled

• Merchant Category Code (MCC): Make sure that your business category (MCC) is set correctly. This is often provided by your payment processor, so if it's missing, check with your processor or system administrator to ensure it's configured.
  • USD Outlet ID & Terminal ID: These should be configured in your payment processing settings. If you are missing these, you might need to configure or update your outlet and terminal details within your Business Center or virtual terminal configuration.

2. Contact Support

• If you're unable to manually configure these settings in the Business Center, you may need to reach out to the payment processor’s customer support or the Business Center’s technical support to:
    • Verify that your merchant account is correctly set up.
    • Ensure all required properties (like the merchant category code, outlet ID, and terminal ID) are configured.

3. Check API or Integration Documentation (If Applicable)

• If you are integrating or using an API, ensure that the fields merchant_category_code, usd_outlet_id, and usd_terminal_id are being correctly passed when processing the transaction. Sometimes a missing or incorrectly formatted value in the integration can cause such errors.

4. Reconfigure the Virtual Terminal

• If possible, check the virtual terminal's settings to ensure that all the necessary merchant information is properly filled in. Sometimes these errors arise from initial setup issues.

If none of these work, reaching out to the platform's support team with the error details would be the next best step. Let me know if you need more specific help!

Here is the website link to help 

kashifsami