cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Handle Custom Payment Fields in the Cyber Source Checkout API?

Hi everyone,

I'm integrating CyberSource's Checkout API into our e-commerce platform, and I need to include some custom payment fields that are specific to our business needs. For example, we want to capture additional details like a "gift message" or "order reference number" alongside the standard payment information.

I’ve looked through the documentation but couldn’t find clear guidance on how to include and process these custom fields in the payment flow. Can anyone provide some insights or examples on how to achieve this?

Are there any best practices for ensuring these custom fields are securely handled and properly validated?

Thanks in advance for your help!

AnasRez
3 REPLIES 3

To handle custom payment fields in the CyberSource Checkout API, use the `customFields` parameter in your API request to include additional payment information. Ensure that these fields are properly configured and validated in your CyberSource account settings.

Rizwan354

You can include custom fields like "gift message" or "order reference number" by using CyberSource's additional data options. Make sure to validate and secure these fields properly. It might also be helpful to consult CyberSource support for best practices specific to your needs.

Good luck with your integration!

Atticus4u

Handling custom payment fields in the CyberSource Checkout API involves several key steps. First, ensure you have a CyberSource merchant account and the necessary API credentials. You can customize the hosted payment page provided by CyberSource by adding custom fields to the checkout page, either through HTML/JavaScript modifications or by configuring fields in your CyberSource account settings. If you're using a non-hosted page, you'll need to include custom fields in your API requests, ensuring proper mapping and handling of these fields on your backend. Thoroughly test the integration in the sandbox environment to address any issues before going live. After deployment, monitor transactions to ensure that custom fields are processed correctly and make adjustments as needed. Refer to CyberSource’s documentation and support resources for detailed guidance and troubleshooting.

hassankhan162