cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am looking to connect a Cybersource Payment Gateway with a custom website.

Hello Everyone

I am currently working on connecting the cybersource payment gateway into a custom built e commerce platform; and I have discovered a few issues that I would want to receive some advice on.

Our website is built on a unique PHP framework, and we chose to use cybersource for payment processing because of its powerful functionality and security standards. We examined the cybersource documentation and began using the rest API to process payments.

• We are using encoding to securely store and process payment information. We were able to create a token by following the documentation; but when we attempted to use it for following transactions; we received an error message suggesting that it was invalid. We are not sure if the problem is with how we save the credentials and whether something is missing from our API calls. Could somebody explain common tokenization issues and how to ensure tokens are kept and used correctly?
  • We have created the basic payment process, but we are not sure how to deal with payment denials successfully. We want to provide useful feedback to users when a transaction is denied,the response codes we receive are not always clear. What is the ideal way to map cybersource answer codes to user friendly messages? Are there any best practices for handling declines that reduce friction and encourage users to retry the payment?
  • While using the cybersource test environment, we discovered differences between test transactions and what we would expect in a live environment. Several mistake scenarios that we generate in the test environment do not appear to generate the expected reactions. How closely does the test environment match the live situation, and should we anticipate any substantial differences? Are there any specific configurations or factors we should be aware of while using the test environment to ensure that it closely matches the actual experience?
  • While the cybersource API documentation is complete, we discovered that some sections lack clear explanations and examples, particularly for complex functionality such as recurring billing and fraud control. Has anyone discovered any further resources or community contributed examples that can fill in the gaps? Any recommendations for third-party manuals or courses that may provide additional in-depth information?
  • Our urgent importance is to solve these issues so that our user payment processes go effectively. We would appreciate any advice; code samples; and links to relevant resources that could assist us overcome these obstacles.

Also I explored some topics related to this. https://community.developer.cybersource.com/t5/cybersource-APIs/How-to-Handle-Custom-Payment-Fields-...devopse-Cyber-Source-Checkout/m-p/89894 but I did not get the sufficient solution of my query so I would really want to get some help from a more experienced person

Any information; guidance; and suggestions you can offer would be highly appreciated. We want to learn from others' experiences and discover the best solution.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Your aggregate knowledge has been important in getting us thus far, and I believe that with your assistance, we will overcome these obstacles.

Keilani
0 REPLIES 0