cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ARB+CIM

Hi,

I have seen other posts in the forums which have requested/asked about referencing CIM data in ARB. I believe you currently cannot do this. The past posts seem to indicate that this has been taken up as a feature request by Authorize.Net  as it has been requested very frequently. These posts go back to 2009.

Can anybody let me know if this every got released (or not ) ?

Process is fairly common & simple :-

1. New User Registers on website. Capture subscription renewal option. Gather Credit Card information using hosted CIM. Create the customer profile/payment profile in CIM. 

2. Charge Users credit card at specified renewal frequency  (e.g. monthly) for a fixed amount. Ideally ARB should be used for this. But currently there is no way to refer to the customers CC information via the CustomerPaymentProfile. I would not like to capture & store Users CC information.

In the absence of this, I will have to settle for using CIM and manually calculate schedule for  renewal and then submit the requests for CIM. 

Is it possible to submit batch requests or multiple customer information in a single XML ?

Hope somebody can help me out.

Thanks.

abhijeetv
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

I have seen other posts in the forums which have requested/asked about referencing CIM data in ARB. I believe you currently cannot do this. The past posts seem to indicate that this has been taken up as a feature request by Authorize.Net  as it has been requested very frequently. These posts go back to 2009.

Nope

Is it possible to submit batch requests or multiple customer information in a single XML ?

Nope. Just one transaction at a time thru the API.

View solution in original post

RaynorC1emen7
Expert

So is there a better way than what I outlined in my post ?

What you outlined sound about right.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Nope

Nope. Just one transaction at a time thru the API.

RaynorC1emen7
Expert

Thanks.

Any chance Authorize.net will release this in upcoming releases ?

What you outlined sound about right.

Any updates on this front?  I'm having the same issue (need to create a subscription for an existing customer profile using the API).  It seems like such a common situation, it baffles me that it isn't possible.  Am I missing something?

Hello @mattmeyer1 

It is currently not possible to use a CIM profile with an ARB subscription.  However, it's on a list of enhancements we are considering for future releases.  I do not unfortunately have any information on a delivery date.

I'd recommend subscribing to this topic so that you'll be alerted via email if there are updates. To subscribe, click Topic Options at the top of this thread and then select Subscribe. You'll then receive an email once anyone replies to your post.

Thanks,

Richard

Hello,

When will this be implemented? Seriously? Not just - it's on a list. I have been asking and waiting patiently since 2009 for this request and it is constantly in "development."  

If it is not really ever going to be completed, I need to find another cyber solution, as must have CIM and ARB together ASAP.

I need the info to be stored via CIM, but also, I need the declined recurring transactions to continue to be attempted to be charged in ARB for a period of 12 weeks until the payment is successful. (If the payment is not successful after the 12 weeks, then the User needs to sign up again from scratch at a non-discounted rate.)

What is taking so long? I have stayed with Authorize.net as a user in good faith based on my various online chats that this was in the works. This is extremely frustrastrating that this still has not been implemented.  If you are not going to ever do it, please just state as such so I can pound the pavement for an new company.

Tired of waiting and tired of the excuses, I'm sorry, but it's almost 2015. This should have been a new cool function years ago. Without it, Authorize.net is simply archaic with all of the newer and better options available.

Please advise.