cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I get directResponse in direct API using AIM instead of CIM?

Hi.

We have a CIM setup that returns the <directResponse> tag in its XML output. We store this data (comma separated list of various values) directly and use it for reporting purposes.

However, now we are adding AIM to another part of our system where people just swipe their card without creating a user profile, and I have not been able to find a setting or entry that mentions how I could possibly get the <directResponse> data sent back in return.

Is there a way to get this data when using <createTransactionRequest>  directly with cURL at https://api2.authorize.net/xml/v1/request.api ?

Thanks!

rlund
Contributor
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi rlund,

The directResponse is really a throwback to our older name/value pair interface. When using our XML APIs, it is not necessary and all of the elements of the direct response are inidvidually identified in the XML structure.

Thanks,

Joy

View solution in original post

Joy
Administrator Administrator
Administrator
4 REPLIES 4

Hi rlund,

The directResponse is really a throwback to our older name/value pair interface. When using our XML APIs, it is not necessary and all of the elements of the direct response are inidvidually identified in the XML structure.

Thanks,

Joy

Joy
Administrator Administrator
Administrator

Thanks for your confirmation.

I'm testing transactions using SOAP and it is still returning a long comma separated string in the directResponse field.

We prefer to use SOAP so we don't have to install any other software on the machines (it's a cloud environment).

Is there anywhere I can get a decoder ring for the string?

<directResponse>2,4,35,An error occurred during processing. Call Merchant Service Provider.,,P,40001219827,TEST-178,This is a phone bill,70.05,CC,auth_capture,A-TEST-876532817,,,,,,,,,,,test2zzz@example.com,Jane1zzz,Blacksmith2zzz,Susan Smith1zzz,1111 Blackjack  Ct,Almedo,MD,22010,US,,,,,,D5D3880FB35682D806C9A2D2880FA6AA,P,2,,,,,,,,,,,XXXX1112,JCB,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,39019217</directResponse>

That the same as AIM response, chapter 4 - Fields in the Payment Gateway Response

http://www.authorize.net/content/dam/authorize/documents/AIM_guide.pdf