cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DPM for Coldfusion

Hello all,

I've been tasked with adding Authorize.net's DPM option for one of our clients. We are currently using Coldfusion and I don't see a Coldfusion SDK or sample code in the DPM documentation for Coldfusion.

So I was just wondering if anyone has ever used DPM with Coldfusion or if anyone knows if it is possible.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.

jaz872
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

With DPM, you are just submitting an HTML form that includes these hidden fields:

x_login - API login ID

x_amount - Amount being paid

x_fp_sequence - Some unique number

x_fp_timestamp - Current timestamp

x_fp_hash - Hash of login ID, transaction key, amount, fp_sequence, timestamp (see one of the other SDK's)

x_relay_response - TRUE

x_relay_url - Full URL to your relay response page, must also be set in control panel

EDIT: And yes, you can do voids, credits, and a variety of other transaction types via your Authorize.net control panel as well.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

DPM should actually be pretty easy to implement, I would think, since in the first part the only programmed element is the fingerprint, and the documentation explains how that is generated. The relay response page just receives a post, again that should be something you can figure out fairly easily.

Things get a bit more complicated if you want to issue credits, voids, etc., however, since those would be done via posts to Authorize.net (does CF have CURL or equivalent?)

TJPride
Expert

This is my first time using auth.net, so please bear with me. I did a similar integration in Braintree for another client, but this is my first go round with auth.net :)

Yes, I believe that cfhttp is the coldfusion equivalent to curl, so that shouldn't be a problem. But, will the user be able to login to an admin of some type to issue credits and voids as well? If so, then I may not even need to code those types of things and I will just need to code the page that accepts the CC info and send it to auth.net and then receives the response.

For Braintree, I had to install their Java SDK in Coldfusion and then use that to do all the work to setup the data to send along with the form and then to interpet the response. I was thinking that would maybe be the way to go here as well. I am about to sit down and go over the documentation to see exactly what I need to send over, but do you think I will be able to create the correct data to send in Coldfusion without the Java SDK? The reason we needed to use it in Braintree was because we had to send data that was hashed a specific way and it was a lot easier to use the Java object that was already created. Not sure how auth.net handles the data though or if a hash is necessary or not yet.

Thank you very much for your quick response :)

With DPM, you are just submitting an HTML form that includes these hidden fields:

x_login - API login ID

x_amount - Amount being paid

x_fp_sequence - Some unique number

x_fp_timestamp - Current timestamp

x_fp_hash - Hash of login ID, transaction key, amount, fp_sequence, timestamp (see one of the other SDK's)

x_relay_response - TRUE

x_relay_url - Full URL to your relay response page, must also be set in control panel

EDIT: And yes, you can do voids, credits, and a variety of other transaction types via your Authorize.net control panel as well.

Very cool, thank you very much TJPride for the help.

I believe this won't be hard at all then. If I can use coldfusion to create the hash, then I should have no problem using coldfusion. If the hash is being created with some type of encryption that CF doesn't offer, then I'll use the Java SDK. And the client wants our portion to be as easy as possible and done as quick as possible, so I'll just have them log into the control panel to do anything else so I will just have to concentrate on the form.

Sounds like it won't be too difficult, let's hope it stays that way while I do my coding :)

Again, thanks TJPride. This is my first post so I'm not sure if I can hand out points for a good answer or not. I see there is an Accept as Solution button, so I'll click on that  and hopefully you get some kind of karma out of it.

Heh! If you want to give me some -real- bonus points, you can sign up for Authorize.net through the link in my signature, that way I even get a few dollars. Doesn't cost you anything extra.