cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Default Shipping Address

HI All,

I am a newbie to authorize.net.  And for the first time itself I am working on CIM.

I am using the popup iframe for creating billing and shpping information.

I see that CIM provides, multiple billing and shipping address information for each user.

Can any one tell me which one is used as the default billing or shipping address?

Let me be more clear. A profile has been created for a user. The user enters his billing information like credit card, firstname, last name, address etc. and like wise the shiping address.

Now, on the second visit, the user adds another new biling or shipping information. Now I need to know which information I must use for processing the payment.

Please help me, any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in Advance.

s_kishore
3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Hello TJPride,

Thanks for your quick reply. And also sorry for responding so late.

Can you please elaborate, how I can achieve this? Since I am using the popup IFRAME method of CIM integration.

I think because of that we have no control over, what fields we display to the user, for example a drop downlist etc.

Can you please tell me how do I do that?

Yes I understand that for each transaction there will be an addressId associated with it. But once I have given a popup to the user to edit/add new addresses, they enter multiple addresses, but we have no radio button / check box like control, which should make this address as current shipping/billing address.

Please help me with this.

Thanks in advance.

View solution in original post

The popups allow people to manage their billing profiles and shipping addresses. However, the actual charge is generated by you, after they're done using the popups, so there's no reason why you can't have a form that collects all the billing profile and shipping profile info using getCustomerProfile(), then displays their billing and shipping options (that they just filled in through the popups) as two pull-downs with masked credit card numbers and name / location, respectively. Whatever the customer selects from there would be what you put into the charge.

Thanks for reply once again,

Okay, After user is done I can display all the information and do all the process accordingly... Thanks for your support.

5 REPLIES 5

Transactions can have a shipping address ID associated with them, in which case it's whichever one you picked. If you do not include a shipping address ID, then no shipping information is passed with the transaction.

As for how to manage that, load the profile, display a pulldown with the name, city, state (or whatever) for each shipping address, and let the customer choose which one they want to pay with. Similarly, you'd display the masked credit card number for each billing profile in a pulldown.

TJPride
Expert

Hello TJPride,

Thanks for your quick reply. And also sorry for responding so late.

Can you please elaborate, how I can achieve this? Since I am using the popup IFRAME method of CIM integration.

I think because of that we have no control over, what fields we display to the user, for example a drop downlist etc.

Can you please tell me how do I do that?

Yes I understand that for each transaction there will be an addressId associated with it. But once I have given a popup to the user to edit/add new addresses, they enter multiple addresses, but we have no radio button / check box like control, which should make this address as current shipping/billing address.

Please help me with this.

Thanks in advance.

The popups allow people to manage their billing profiles and shipping addresses. However, the actual charge is generated by you, after they're done using the popups, so there's no reason why you can't have a form that collects all the billing profile and shipping profile info using getCustomerProfile(), then displays their billing and shipping options (that they just filled in through the popups) as two pull-downs with masked credit card numbers and name / location, respectively. Whatever the customer selects from there would be what you put into the charge.

Thanks for reply once again,

Okay, After user is done I can display all the information and do all the process accordingly... Thanks for your support.

Hi

I'm  using my test account in live mode and I'm passing shipping address id while authorizing an order but didn't get shipping address in email notification and transaction details,

Shipping address  is showing only on CIM ->customer profile area.