cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Authorize.Net accept NACHA files?

Does Auth.net have the ability (through an API) to accept NACHA files? If so can you give me some information on it?

jays
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

1)Authorize.net do not do payroll, talk to your bank to see what they recommend.

2)You can do that with AIM/echecks

3)same as 2

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Is there a way to talk to a technical contact at auth.net to find answers on API, ACH and credit card processing for software developers. Unfornutly after reading the documentation it is unclear to us which API to use, what the capaibilities are within auth.net for are specific unique needs, etc. I think if we have 15 minutes we can clear up the issues quickly.

jays

Not thru API, but there is upload transactions on the merchant account login.

Or use the http://www.authorize.net/support/eCheck.pdf one transaction at a time.

Raynor...- thanks for the information. Maybe what I should do at this jucture is advise what I am trying to accomplish specifically and having a hard time finding a processor that can do it.

We are a church software company that provides churches a management software for donations and their accounting including payroll. We also need the internal ability for client to pay us for our services.

What is needed -

1. The ability with an API to initiate from our accounting software a direct deposit to employees. We would prefer not to use each church's banks because our software is all over the country and that would mean every bank would have to be programmed differently to upload files or use an API if it is even available.
  2. We need to be able to accept donations online, mobile, using CC, ACH bank to bank, etc. We need the ability to pull back some data so we know how much was given for the donation statements. We DON"T need the CC or other banking info for this just dates of processing and given date and who.
  3. Internally we need a processor to process payment against our clients accounts (eg, CC, ACH, etc) based on our terms of payment that they have authorized us for.

Thanks

Jay

1)Authorize.net do not do payroll, talk to your bank to see what they recommend.

2)You can do that with AIM/echecks

3)same as 2

RaynorC1emen7 - Thanks for the information and letting us know which API to use cleared a lot up for us.