cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Silent Post work with a TEST account?

I am testing the merchant interface and created some transactions through CIM and Simple Checkout,

I have the Silent post url set up but so far doesn't seem to be working? I am using a test account.

Will Silent post work for transactions created through the merchant interface?

Does it work for a test account?

Thanks in advance.

jschroeder
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Silent post does not work with test accounts. It does work on transactions run through the control panel in a live account but test transactions in general do not generate silent posts. If you wish to test silent post you can simulate it it with a form submission. If you do a quick search you can find a sample form posted in these forums.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John Conde :: Certified Authorize.Net Developer (Brainyminds) :: Official Authorize.Net Blogger

NEW! Handling Authorize.Net's Webhooks with PHP

Integrate Every Authorize.Net JSON API with One PHP Class (Sample code included)

Tutorials for integrating Authorize.Net with PHP: AIM, ARB, CIM, Silent Post
All About Authorize.Net's Silent Post

View solution in original post

stymiee
Expert
Expert
3 REPLIES 3

Silent post does not work with test accounts. It does work on transactions run through the control panel in a live account but test transactions in general do not generate silent posts. If you wish to test silent post you can simulate it it with a form submission. If you do a quick search you can find a sample form posted in these forums.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John Conde :: Certified Authorize.Net Developer (Brainyminds) :: Official Authorize.Net Blogger

NEW! Handling Authorize.Net's Webhooks with PHP

Integrate Every Authorize.Net JSON API with One PHP Class (Sample code included)

Tutorials for integrating Authorize.Net with PHP: AIM, ARB, CIM, Silent Post
All About Authorize.Net's Silent Post
stymiee
Expert
Expert

Hi Stymiee:

I configed a Silent Post URL for my test account, then I did an authorize and capture. I found that my website which receive the post data can work well, dose it mean this feature have been updated? Can my website receive the ARB transaction data succesfully?

Appreciate for your time.

We actually added support for silent post to our test environment when we upgraded it about a year ago.  However, it is important to keep in mind that silent post has a low tolerance for any kind of delay. Given that our test environment is measurably slower than our production systems, it is likely that you will see a higher failure rate during your testing of this feature.