cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EMV Token and Multiple POS's

I am using the .net In Person SDK. You have provide my username and password to get a token to process a EMV transaction. My question is, I have 20 Point of sale stations, can I just use the same Authorize.net account to aquire new emv transaction tokens for all 20 POS's, thoeretically all at the same time?

tygar45
Contributor
2 REPLIES 2

Hello @tygar45

Yes, you can have multiple EMV devices connected through a single Payment Gateway account.  Be certain to set the Terminal ID, a unique identifier for each device so you know which lane/machine ran the transaction.

Samys Camera uses the Authorize.Net In Person SDK for multiple devices at each location:

Richard

Hear the story behind the Samy's Camera and how they use Authorize.net to provide a smooth and easy customer experience.
RichardH
Administrator Administrator
Administrator

I am trying to set up a similar scenario and have a couple questions.

When you say a single Payment Gateway account does this mean each computer can use the same LoginID and Password? Also, what do you recommend to use as a Device ID? Would that be the same or similar to the Terminal ID, or should it be something like the serial number of the card reader itself? 

Thanks,

Jacob