cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Encrypted track data with mobile:

I got a call today from someone who has a bunch of encrypted swipers and wants to be able to integrate them using Authorize.net. I realize that there's no interface for entering the decryption keys in Authorize.net - that's something that has to be negotiated between the device manufacturer and the merchant processor - but assuming that issue can be figured out, how does one go about passing the encrypted track data through Authorize.net? This thread indicates that there's a way to do so via the SOAP and XML API's...

http://community.developer.authorize.net/t5/Integration-and-Testing/Smart-vending-machine-integratio...

...but I can't seem to find documentation, and in any case the object is to do this via the mobile API's, preferably without having to cheat and use an intermediary web site. Has anyone integrated encrypted swipers / mobie, and if so, how do you go about doing it? The client is willing to pay a reasonable amount for your time, if necessary, and I can forward you if this is something you've already solved before. Short of that, a link to documentation explaining how to pass encrypted data will be much appreciated.

TJPride
Expert
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@TJPride 

In your scenario, if the merchant has seeded the card reader with their key, they will need to obtain the data and decrypt it prior to sending to the payment gateway.  It goes without saying that the merchant will need to manage all PCI scope on their website.

Richard

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

The client has decided to go with a web intermediary, so knowing how to do this via mobile is not an immediate concern any more. How does one go about passing encrypted track data via the PHP API, or using PHP/XML?

TJPride
Expert

Hello TJPride

Instructions for integrating mobile devices and handling encrypted track data is available in the AIM XML Developer Guide.   However, you must use encrypted readers provisioned with the Authorize.Net Key.  As mentioned in the previous post from Trevor, we are currently working with multiple vendors to make them available.

Richard

I understand that that would be the case with Cybersource, but are you saying that if we have a merchant integrated with Authorize.net, and they have seeded the swipers, Authorize.net has no mechanism for just passing the encrypted data through verbatim to the merchant so the merchant can decode it? It has to be an Authorize.net device?

@TJPride 

In your scenario, if the merchant has seeded the card reader with their key, they will need to obtain the data and decrypt it prior to sending to the payment gateway.  It goes without saying that the merchant will need to manage all PCI scope on their website.

Richard

If you lose your data so go to the official site and Recover Your data now make easily for peopl. thank you.

We are providing a best platform to track and locate your parcel by Online tracking.

Do you know which is the best Tracking & Courier service, We find lots of butts we cant, Thank you, ward  trucking tracking

Hey,i've been putting a quality content and my content is being shared by some top content and marketer on the internet but still unable to perform better in search MY URL can anyone from the team look in to this ? Track and Trace
THANK YOU.

Great Article but i want to track and tarceso i need your suggestion please check toll air express tracking

Tollcourier