cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Generic integration question(s)

Insert "not a programmer" disclaimer.

I have a generic question that is probably too broad to easily answer, but if you have the time, some help would be greatly appreciated.

I work for a small non-profit company that provides EMS/Paramedic/CPR training. We also run an Annual Symposium. We are looking at purchasing some software to automate our services (Cvent and Enrollware). Both of these services are capable of Authorize.Net integration. As I understand it, I need an API to get transaction data from Authorize.net into my local accounting software. (Sage Peachtree Premium for Non-Profits 2011)

My question(s) is this, is it possible to securely send transaction data from Authorize.net to Peachtre (living on my local server) without creating a new customer for each transaction? For example, could a customer buy classes at several times during the year and be uploaded from Authorize.Net to Peachtree using the same customer ID?

Beyond that, can an API assign purchases to different GL accounts for tracking purposes? i.e. someone pays $500 for Symposium and attends two different sessions, can revenue for each session be assigned differently within the programming language?

I know that most of the GL account assignment stuff will be handled by Cvent, however can Authorize.Net deal with this or is it an API that has to go from Cvent to Peachtree?

Please see attached image.

http://imgur.com/s2SvOYf

Any advice/help would be awesome.

As a final question, doing what I am looking to do, a difficult, long or laborious process? Is this gonna be tons of coding or does it seem relatively simple?

Tom in Alaska.

tmeyer121
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I have no experience with Peachtree, so I don't know how helpful this will be, but from an API perspective, if you put a customer ID into the proper field when submitting a transaction, you'll get it back out in the response or transaction details or silent post or whatever, at which point you can use it to match up the transaction with the proper customer in your database. Same with order details and item ID's. So assuming the data goes in correctly, it shouldn't be that hard to take it back out and get it into your accounting software in some form. Just need to know what format / protocol Peachtree likes.

View solution in original post

TJPride
Expert
2 REPLIES 2

I have no experience with Peachtree, so I don't know how helpful this will be, but from an API perspective, if you put a customer ID into the proper field when submitting a transaction, you'll get it back out in the response or transaction details or silent post or whatever, at which point you can use it to match up the transaction with the proper customer in your database. Same with order details and item ID's. So assuming the data goes in correctly, it shouldn't be that hard to take it back out and get it into your accounting software in some form. Just need to know what format / protocol Peachtree likes.

TJPride
Expert

Thank you very much TJ. I really appreciate the feedback!