cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to solve ... This eCheck.Net type is not allowed

Hi ,

I am using developer account and testing ECHECK payment method.

I am receiving message This eCheck.Net type is not allowed, and submitting my request to URL https://test.authorize.net/gateway/transact.dll in TestMode.

Can someone helps me to solve this issue.

Regards,

maherafzal
8 REPLIES 8

It hard to know without the response reason code.

Maybe is one of the reason in the documentation http://developer.authorize.net/api/cardpresent/

"Response Reason Codes and Response Reason Text" 

RaynorC1emen7
Expert

You're getting error 246 or 247, which have for verbose descriptions the following:

The merchant's payment gateway account is not enabled to submit the eCheck.Net type.
The combination of values submitted for x_type and x_echeck_type is not allowed.

I'm pretty sure eCheck works on developer accounts (aside from settlement / refunds), so it's most likely the latter. It might help if you posted the full XML of the input / output, or barring that, a var dump.

TJPride
Expert

Hi,

Here what I am getting in response (Implementing this in Asp.Net MVC3)

3 | 246 | (TESTMODE) This eCheck.Net type is not allowed.

The merchant’s payment gateway account is not enabled to submit the eCheck.Net type.

These are paramaeters I am using

"x_login"
"x_tran_key"
"x_version" = "3.1"

"x_method"="ECHECK"
"x_amount"
"x_bank_aba_code"
"x_bank_acct_num"
"x_bank_acct_type"="CHECKING"
"x_bank_name"
"x_bank_acct_name"
"x_echeck_type"="ARC"
"x_bank_check_number"
"x_relay_response"= "False"
"x_delim_data"= "True"

"x_delim_char"= ","
"x_encap_char"= "|"
"x_test_request"= "True"

Regards,

Mehar

Try turning off test mode and see if that helps. There is no need to use test mode on a developer account.

Hi TJ,

I have already tested this with both TestMode on and Off mode, but no works getting same error.

Regards

Also, the documentation says ARC is:

ARC allows merchants to collect payments received in the mail or left in a drop-box, and
convert them to an electronic payment.

Are you setting yourself up an admin area, or are you really trying to do this?

Internet-Initiated Entry (WEB)
This transaction type is a one-time or recurring charge against a consumer checking or
savings account and for which payment authorization was obtained from the customer via
the Internet.

Hi,

Please note that not all eCheck types are enabled on test accounts. The following eCheck.Net types are enabled: PPD, WEB and CCD. You will need to send an email to developer@Authorize.Net to request to enable TEL, ARC and BOC. Please make sure to include your Payment Gateway ID or login ID when sending the email.

Thanks,

Joy

Joy
Administrator Administrator
Administrator

Aha!