cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to credit a different account then mine?

Is there a way to credit (or send the money to) a different account that isn't mine (the default method), BUT I do have the CustomerProfileId and CustomerPaymentId to send the funds to so it's not just any account?

SilkySully
Contributor
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi SilkySully, 

Expanded Credit Capabilities will allow you to credit any full card number for any amount, regardless of any of your previous transaction history, which is the risk in enabling it within your account as anyone who can access your account or integration source to process a credit could potentially credit themselves with any amount to their own card or another card fraudulently. 

We would only recommend enabling this on an as needed basis and then disabling it. 

Please contact our support staff via the "Contact Us" or "Live Help" links located that the top of your account upon login for further assistance with understanding your liability in enabling this feature. 

Thank you,

Elaine

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

There is not a way to use customer profiles from one Authorize.Net in a different Authorize.Net account. Let me know if that is not what you mean when you said different account.

If you have the payment details (card number, expiration date, etc) then you can issue a credit using the second account using expanded credit cababilities. To have this setting enabled contact customer support.

mmcguire
Administrator Administrator
Administrator

It would be in the same Authorize.net account.

I know about Expanded Credit Capabilities, but my understanding is that it can only be used after 120 days of the transaction OR if the transaction didn't happen through Authorize.net.  

Is this correct in my understanding of ECC?

Bump...

SilkySully
Contributor

Hi SilkySully, 

Expanded Credit Capabilities will allow you to credit any full card number for any amount, regardless of any of your previous transaction history, which is the risk in enabling it within your account as anyone who can access your account or integration source to process a credit could potentially credit themselves with any amount to their own card or another card fraudulently. 

We would only recommend enabling this on an as needed basis and then disabling it. 

Please contact our support staff via the "Contact Us" or "Live Help" links located that the top of your account upon login for further assistance with understanding your liability in enabling this feature. 

Thank you,

Elaine