cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need advice on approach using CIM with current site

I am not sure which API I should use. Let me explain what I am trying to do. I have a site that uses WordPress and I purchased a theme that included a shopping cart. I tested it with Authorize.net and it works.  The company who developed it is no longer available. It stores the customer's info such as name, card type, expiration date and last 4 digits of card and other fields.  Now my client wants to retrieve the credit card number. Just because of this I have to find a new solution. Can I just retrieve the credit card number when I need it?  Will the CIM API be the best solution?

I am just trying to layout how I will put it all together. I assume I can allow it to store the basic user details within WordPress' database and it will also send and store a more complete profile to Authorize.net using the CIM? I have the account management page already so would I just need to code it to pull in the customer's credit card number?

mallen
Regular Contributor
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thanks I never thought of searching for it. I am closing this and opening a new thread to help me run this CIM test. I have finally got PEAR and PHPUnit installed.

View solution in original post

mallen
Regular Contributor
15 REPLIES 15

When you said the CC#, you do mean the last 4 digit? because that it the only thing you going to get from CIM, the CIM API would return the masked expiratation date(xx/xx) and can only be access thru the merchant account interface.

Save the CC info with CIM and save the payment profile ID and customer profile id in your own database. Anything that is not CC/bank info, I would just save that on your own database.

RaynorC1emen7
Expert

I guess it's not important if the customer sees the entire number. They would like the name, address and credit card to appear so the customer does not have to enter it again. So I guess the form field would show the masked number but the value would still be there?

mallen
Regular Contributor

Yep, you can use the payment profile ID to get the billing info and masked cc#. And using the same payment profile id to create transaction.

Forgive my multiple questions and I appreciate the help. I watched the video explaining the CIM. It seems you have to manually create users. Is that true? Or it gives you the ability to edit or create a user ID? My current setup in in Wordpress allows the user to sign up, it automatically creates the user ID when they enter their user name, password and other details. All this is done outside of Authorize.net.

Do I need a test account? My current set up I just turn on the test mode.

mallen
Regular Contributor

I see in the documentation that my current set up is using AIM.

mallen
Regular Contributor

CIM can be use thru the CIM API. There are third party plugin for wordpress http://community.developer.authorize.net/t5/3rd-Party-Solutions/bd-p/3rdparty

Do I need a test account? My current set up I just turn on the test mode.

You don't need one, but it would be easiler for testing.

In the php samples file there is a configuration file wih this below. Do I just change AIM to CIM to use CIM?

require_once 'anet_php_sdk/AuthorizeNet.php';
$METHOD_TO_USE = "AIM"; //
$METHOD_TO_USE = "DIRECT_POST"; // Uncomment this line to test DPM

Then inthe SDK file it says this below. So I just remove allthe these lines except '/lib/AuthorizeNetCIM.php';?

require dirname(__FILE__) . '/lib/shared/AuthorizeNetRequest.php';
require dirname(__FILE__) . '/lib/shared/AuthorizeNetTypes.php';
require dirname(__FILE__) . '/lib/shared/AuthorizeNetXMLResponse.php';
require dirname(__FILE__) . '/lib/shared/AuthorizeNetResponse.php';
require dirname(__FILE__) . '/lib/AuthorizeNetAIM.php';
require dirname(__FILE__) . '/lib/AuthorizeNetARB.php';
require dirname(__FILE__) . '/lib/AuthorizeNetCIM.php';
require dirname(__FILE__) . '/lib/AuthorizeNetSIM.php';
require dirname(__FILE__) . '/lib/AuthorizeNetDPM.php';
require dirname(__FILE__) . '/lib/AuthorizeNetTD.php';
require dirname(__FILE__) . '/lib/AuthorizeNetCP.php';

if (class_exists("SoapClient")) {
    require dirname(__FILE__) . '/lib/AuthorizeNetSOAP.php';
}

I am trying to compare with my current AIM setup to see where in the code it tells it to use the AIM.

mallen
Regular Contributor

nope. But there is test code inside the sample

anet_php_samples-1.1.8.zip\samples\anet_php_sdk\tests\AuthorizeNetCIM_Test.php

I guess I am confused. I have a folder called anet_php_sdk  and I also have a folder called "your store". How do I tell it I want to use AuthorizeNETCIM_Test instead of AuthorizeNETAIM_Test.php

mallen
Regular Contributor