cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Production Certificate Upgrades begin May 26, 2015

Authorize.Net will upgrade and replace Production certificates for API services starting May 26, 2015. Technical details are provided for solutions connecting to Authorize.Net APIs that may need updates.

To see the full announcement, please see this blog post.

RichardH
Administrator Administrator
Administrator
172 REPLIES 172

@acknight

What is your website written in, specifically your Authorize.net calls?  This has nothing to do with your IIS.  I think they also updated keys to their account website but that is dependent on your browser.

kabutotx
Regular Contributor

Our server admin claims all of that has been done and no dice. I'll ask them to make another pass through and doublecheck all are there. All of the requisite hotfixes are installed. 

Site is classic ASP/VB, unfortunately... hence the slow upgrade/server migration. AIM POST via Microsoft XML library. 

@acknight

So your using the Microsoft.xmlHTTP call?  Try the sample.asp in the AIM ASP SDK going to the live gateway.  Test uses different SSL certs.  I tried it on my IIS 6 (Win2K3) box with a fresh ASP and the sample worked fine.  I don't run any web on this box so it is fresh.

kabutotx
Regular Contributor

That's the one. I got it back up and running for a few days by getting it to ignore certificate errors, then corrected the certificate errors (or so we think), and now it's timing out trying to connect to secure.authorize.net. I'll try with a vanilla example tomorrow... but ours is based on the example one, albeit from when my predecessor set it up years ago.

I read that it uses the IE API.  Try running IE and going to https://secure.authorize.net/.  IT should take you to a page and you can view the SSL certs on the lock icon. I do have IE 8 on this box.

kabutotx
Regular Contributor

@acknight

Looking deeper it hooks into windows\system32\crypt32.dll and needs to be version 5.131.3790.4095 or higher on Windows 2003SP2.  Mine was even higher by KB2918614.  You can test by going to secure.authorize.net and downloading it's certificate.  You can then run 'certutil -verify certname.cer'  This should complete without an error.

kabutotx
Regular Contributor

For Java people, I found a test program.  Download http://www.houstonuniform.com/HTTPSClient.class and save it somewhere.  It is compiled with Java 1.4.  Run 'java HTTPSClient website.com'  You have to be in the directory where you saved the file.  Example: '\CFusionMX\runtime\jre\bin\java HTTPSClient secure.authorize.net'  This should seem to hang if the cert is fine.  Hit CTRL-C to quit.  If your cacerts isn't updated you will get an Exception: no trusted certificate found.

kabutotx
Regular Contributor

I was bored and created a zip with instructions for Java/Coldfusion updates for AIM API.  Read the README.TXT file first.  You have to find your Coldfusion runtime directory and extract the files in its lib/security dir.  On my Java 1.4 test I only needed two certificates (EntrustG2 and the secure.authorize.net).  This zip includes Java 1.6 keytool (keytool16.exe and its jdi.dll) to get past the error Java 1.4 keytool experiences, the two certificates, and the HTTPSClient.class to test connection.

http://www.houstonuniform.com/CFSSLUpdate.zip

kabutotx
Regular Contributor

What version of ColdFusion are you running? We are running CFMX 7 with JRE version1.4. The G2 will not install with JRE 1.4 from our experience. The G2 cert requires a higher version of JRE.

We have another server running BlueDragon on JRE version 1.7.0_45. The G2 certificate installed just fine and that application is back up and running for Authorize.net transactions (just from installing one cert, the G2).