cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recurring Billing Settlement Error: Error handling when transId returned is null

Hello, some of the transactions for recurring billing on my sandbox account failed with "Settlement Error ". When trying to request subscription details with my PHP SDK, ARBTransaction field in response is the following:

[0]=>
  object(net\authorize\api\contract\v1\ArbTransactionType)#35 (5) {
    ["transId":"net\authorize\api\contract\v1\ArbTransactionType":private]=>
    NULL
    ["response":"net\authorize\api\contract\v1\ArbTransactionType":private]=>
    string(35) "This transaction has been approved."
    ["submitTimeUTC":"net\authorize\api\contract\v1\ArbTransactionType":private]=>
    object(DateTime)#30 (3) {
      ["date"]=>
      string(26) "2022-06-17 08:56:12.507000"
      ["timezone_type"]=>
      int(3)
      ["timezone"]=>
      string(19) "America/Los_Angeles"
    }
    ["payNum":"net\authorize\api\contract\v1\ArbTransactionType":private]=>
    int(1)
    ["attemptNum":"net\authorize\api\contract\v1\ArbTransactionType":private]=>
    int(1)
  }

As you can see, the response says that the transaction has been approved, however the transId is null, which means, according to the API documentation that an error occured. Here is what it says in the docs:

transIdThe identification number of the transaction.

This value is only returned for successful transactions, whether authorized or declined. If the transaction ends in error, you will not receive transId in the response.

The subscription status at the same time stays active, regardless of the transaction error. So, my concern is how to handle this sort of error? Why the transaction ended in error but the subscription was not suspended? Did anyone else had this issue?

futbnj
2 REPLIES 2

code error !! 

Rhys69

Hi, don't mind but I applied the same code on hungry shark mod apk. so that we could get the desire results. But not working and showing errors. Could you explain how will we optimize it for our main targeted result. Will be thankful.

Jeremiah64814