cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SSL Certificate Problem (Another Authorize.net Outage)

THIS PROBLEM HAS RETURNED! 

CURL ERROR: SSL certificate problem: unable to get local issuer certificate

Yesterday, working in the sandbox was fine (I've been working fine all week long), then this morning I started testing again, and first thing I get is this message!

I've done a quick search and found a couple of articles referencing this back in 2015, but it was supposedly solved.

Is anybody else having this problem? How did you fix it?  BTW, I have not changed anything on my system since yesterday when it was working fine.

Regards,

Dan Luevano

danlagi32
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
29 REPLIES 29
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<getCustomerProfileIdsRequest xmlns="AnetApi/xml/v1/schema/AnetApiSchema.xsd">
  <merchantAuthentication>
    <name><![CDATA[xxxx]]></name>
    <transactionKey>xxxx</transactionKey>
  </merchantAuthentication>
  <clientId><![CDATA[sdk-php-1.9.5]]></clientId>
</getCustomerProfileIdsRequest>

Thu, 22 Mar 2018 11:55:13 -0400 ERROR : [_sendRequest] (C:\nginx\html\vendor\authorizenet\authorizenet\lib\net\authorize\util\HttpClient.php : 106) - CURL ERROR: SSL certificate problem: unable to get local issuer certificate

But in postman:

https://apitest.authorize.net/xml/v1/request.api

<getCustomerProfileIdsRequest xmlns="AnetApi/xml/v1/schema/AnetApiSchema.xsd">
  <merchantAuthentication>
    <name><![CDATA[xxxx]]></name>
    <transactionKey><![CDATA[xxxx]]></transactionKey>
</getCustomerProfileIdsRequest>

Response:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<getCustomerProfileIdsResponse xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" xmlns="AnetApi/xml/v1/schema/AnetApiSchema.xsd">
    <messages>
        <resultCode>Ok</resultCode>
        <message>
            <code>I00001</code>
            <text>Successful.</text>
        </message>

So seems specific to CURL validating the SSL peer, but only on the sandbox.

Was also working fine all week for me as well.

cwilsontv

Please don't take this the wrong way, but I'm glad I'm not the only one having a problem. :-)

Same.

If I didn't see your post I'd still be digging through everything trying to figureout what I did between yesterday and today.

Same problem here.  Sandbox was working great this morning and then all the sudden, I'm receiving the SSL error.  

Optimal1

BTW, I've sent in a detailed email to developer@authorize.net as suggested by someone from live chat.

I'll post when they come up with a resolution.

I am having the exact same problem and it was working this morning.  Let us know what you find out.

mvb89b

Same here.  Anyone know what the estimated repair time is?

No word yet. I just got the standard email reply when I sent in my request.

BTW, here is the email I sent in so you can compare your log files:

-------------------  SNIP  -------------------------

Support,

Starting this morning I have not been able to connect via CURL to SSL. I get the following error: CURL ERROR: SSL certificate problem: unable to get local issuer certificate. I posted this on the forum here: https://community.developer.authorize.net/t5/Integration-and-Testing/SSL-Certificate-Problem-Another... and someone else said they're experiencing the same problem. I tried connecting to the PRODUCTION site and all works okay. It's just the SANDBOX that is not working.  I was able to use the SANDBOX all week long with no issues. This problem just started happening this morning when I first got in.

See output from phplog and error_log files below.

Here is an excerpt from the phplog file:

Thu, 22 Mar 2018 10:59:29 -0600 INFO : [execute] (/home/www/public_html/catalog/vendor/authorizenet/authorizenet/lib/net/authorize/api/controller/base/ApiOperationBase.php : 114) - Request Serialization Begin

Thu, 22 Mar 2018 10:59:29 -0600 DEBUG : [execute] (/home/www/public_html/catalog/vendor/authorizenet/authorizenet/lib/net/authorize/api/controller/base/ApiOperationBase.php : 115) - net\authorize\api\contract\v1\GetCustomerProfileRequest Object

(

[customerProfileId:net\authorize\api\contract\v1\GetCustomerProfileRequest:private] => 1XXXXXXXX9

[merchantCustomerId:net\authorize\api\contract\v1\GetCustomerProfileRequest:private] =>

[email:net\authorize\api\contract\v1\GetCustomerProfileRequest:private] =>

[unmaskExpirationDate:net\authorize\api\contract\v1\GetCustomerProfileRequest:private] =>

[includeIssuerInfo:net\authorize\api\contract\v1\GetCustomerProfileRequest:private] =>

[merchantAuthentication:net\authorize\api\contract\v1\ANetApiRequestType:private] => net\authorize\api\contract\v1\MerchantAuthenticationType Object

(

[name:net\authorize\api\contract\v1\MerchantAuthenticationType:private] => 4XXXXXXXX8

[transactionKey:net\authorize\api\contract\v1\MerchantAuthenticationType:private] => xxxx

[sessionToken:net\authorize\api\contract\v1\MerchantAuthenticationType:private] =>

[password:net\authorize\api\contract\v1\MerchantAuthenticationType:private] =>

[impersonationAuthentication:net\authorize\api\contract\v1\MerchantAuthenticationType:private] =>

[fingerPrint:net\authorize\api\contract\v1\MerchantAuthenticationType:private] =>

[clientKey:net\authorize\api\contract\v1\MerchantAuthenticationType:private] =>

[accessToken:net\authorize\api\contract\v1\MerchantAuthenticationType:private] =>

[mobileDeviceId:net\authorize\api\contract\v1\MerchantAuthenticationType:private] =>

)

[clientId:net\authorize\api\contract\v1\ANetApiRequestType:private] => sdk-php-1.9.5

[refId:net\authorize\api\contract\v1\ANetApiRequestType:private] => ref1XXXXXXXX9

)

Thu, 22 Mar 2018 10:59:29 -0600 INFO : [execute] (/home/www/public_html/catalog/vendor/authorizenet/authorizenet/lib/net/authorize/api/controller/base/ApiOperationBase.php : 118) - Request  Serialization End

Thu, 22 Mar 2018 10:59:29 -0600 INFO : [_sendRequest] (/home/www/public_html/catalog/vendor/authorizenet/authorizenet/lib/net/authorize/util/HttpClient.php : 75) -  Url: https://apitest.authorize.net/xml/v1/request.api

Thu, 22 Mar 2018 10:59:29 -0600 INFO : [_sendRequest] (/home/www/public_html/catalog/vendor/authorizenet/authorizenet/lib/net/authorize/util/HttpClient.php : 77) - Request to AnetApi:

<getCustomerProfileRequest xmlns="AnetApi/xml/v1/schema/AnetApiSchema.xsd">

<merchantAuthentication>

<name><![CDATA[4XXXXXXXX8]]></name>

<transactionKey>xxxx</transactionKey>

<refId><![CDATA[ref1XXXXXXXX9]]></refId>

<customerProfileId><![CDATA[1XXXXXXXX9]]></customerProfileId>

</getCustomerProfileRequest>

Thu, 22 Mar 2018 10:59:29 -0600 INFO : [_sendRequest] (/home/www/public_html/catalog/vendor/authorizenet/authorizenet/lib/net/authorize/util/HttpClient.php : 89) - Sending 'XML' Request type

Thu, 22 Mar 2018 10:59:29 -0600 INFO : [_sendRequest] (/home/www/public_html/catalog/vendor/authorizenet/authorizenet/lib/net/authorize/util/HttpClient.php : 94) - Sending http request via Curl

Thu, 22 Mar 2018 10:59:29 -0600 INFO : [_sendRequest] (/home/www/public_html/catalog/vendor/authorizenet/authorizenet/lib/net/authorize/util/HttpClient.php : 96) - Response from AnetApi:

Thu, 22 Mar 2018 10:59:29 -0600 ERROR : [_sendRequest] (/home/www/public_html/catalog/vendor/authorizenet/authorizenet/lib/net/authorize/util/HttpClient.php : 106) - CURL ERROR: SSL certificate problem: unable to get local issuer certificate

Here is an exerpt from the error_log file:

[22-Mar-2018 10:59:29 America/Denver] PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught exception 'Exception' with message 'Error getting valid response from api. Check log file for error details' in /home/www/public_html/catalog/vendor/authorizenet/authorizenet/lib/net/authorize/api/controller/base/ApiOperationBase.php:126

Stack trace:

#0 /home/www/public_html/catalog/vendor/authorizenet/authorizenet/lib/net/authorize/api/controller/base/ApiOperationBase.php(104): net\authorize\api\controller\base\ApiOperationBase->execute('https://apitest...')

#1 /home/www/public_html/catalog/vendor/authorizenet/authorizenet/lib/anetFunctions.php(594): net\authorize\api\controller\base\ApiOperationBase->executeWithApiResponse('https://apitest...')

#2 /home/www/public_html/catalog/includes/classes/cimInfo.php(325): anet_GetCustomerProfile('1XXXXXXXX9', true)

#3 /home/www/public_html/catalog/includes/classes/cimInfo.php(54): cimInfo->getPaymentProfile()

#4 /home/www/public_html/catalog/checkout_confirmation.php(67): cimInfo->__construct('1XXXXXXXX9:1503...', '', 'get')

#5 {main}

thrown in /home/www/public_html/catalog/vendor/authorizenet/authorizenet/lib/net/authorize/api/controller/base/ApiOperationBase.php on line 126

Looks like the issue could be with the root certificates on the system you are trying to connect from.

Can you try updating the cacert.pem on your system and give a try, as discussed here.

nbansal
Authorize.Net Developer Authorize.Net Developer
Authorize.Net Developer