cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sending Information to Virtual Terminal with by POST or GET

We process occasional walk-in sales through the virtual terminal under our merchant login at https://account.authorize.net/.  Our in-house order system has already calculated the dollar amount and invoice number at that point.  Is there a way that our in-house system can send our casheir into the v. terminal with those two fields already populated instead of them having to bounce back and forth between windows while cutting and pasting?

crcarter
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

You can't even close the virtual terminal window and open it up again without logging in, so I rather doubt you can pass data to it and have it work. is there any particular reason why you don't have the whole order collected outside of the control panel? If you use something like SIM, the credit card data will be collected on Authorize.net, so there's not really a huge amount of additional security - it'll just all be connected up properly and you won't have to copy and paste anything. Or you could use DPM and even have the form on your site (though again, it submits to Authorize.net).

View solution in original post

TJPride
Expert
2 REPLIES 2

You can't even close the virtual terminal window and open it up again without logging in, so I rather doubt you can pass data to it and have it work. is there any particular reason why you don't have the whole order collected outside of the control panel? If you use something like SIM, the credit card data will be collected on Authorize.net, so there's not really a huge amount of additional security - it'll just all be connected up properly and you won't have to copy and paste anything. Or you could use DPM and even have the form on your site (though again, it submits to Authorize.net).

TJPride
Expert

Thanks.  I had such simple needs that I was having a hard time thinking that all of the options were overkill, but SIM is just what I needed.  I am sending in an invoice number and our calculated grand total and I've configured the form to hide all fields but what I need.  Perfect, thank you.