cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transaction cost using authorize.net

Hello,

I am thinking of using the SIM to perform transactions. What is the cost per transaction, I thought paypal is 6% what is

authorize.net?

Thanks,

Garyc

burslem2001
Contributor
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

To reiterate what Hasan said, basically what it boils down to is since Authorize.Net is offered by resellers this means your rates for your merchant account and Authorize.Net will vary. If the sales rep you are speaking to is unable to give you a quote for the merchant account they offer and Authorize.Net they probably are shady or at the very least incompetant.

Definitely look for another provider, and if you can, look for several providers. Since the rates and fees offered to you will vary you'll want to shop around and compare fees. Merchant account rate comparison calculators will help make the math easier to do and merchant account rate comparison worksheets will help you gather the data you need to make a comparison.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John Conde :: Certified Authorize.Net Developer (Brainyminds) :: Official Authorize.Net Blogger

NEW! Handling Authorize.Net's Webhooks with PHP

Integrate Every Authorize.Net JSON API with One PHP Class (Sample code included)

Tutorials for integrating Authorize.Net with PHP: AIM, ARB, CIM, Silent Post
All About Authorize.Net's Silent Post

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Hello Gary,

Authorize.Net per transaction fees / discount rates are generally based on total processing volume and vary based on the merchant account provider you choose. In no way do we endorse PayPal and fees are subject to change anytime. The current PayPal fee schedule is as follows:

$0.00 USD - $3,000.00 USD2.9% + $0.30 USD
$3,000.01 USD - $10,000.00 USD2.5% + $0.30 USD
$10,000.01 USD - $100,000.00 USD2.2% + $0.30 USD
> $100,000.00 USD1.9% + $0.30 USD
soundcommerce
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Much appreciated Hassan. Based on the volume and transaction fees? How do I ask the salesguy to basically sell the idea of using authorize.net if he does not know the % that is charged? Is there a fee schedule table to at least give me the scope.

Much appreciated the response.

Garyc

@burslem2001 wrote:

Much appreciated Hassan. Based on the volume and transaction fees? How do I ask the salesguy to basically sell the idea of using authorize.net if he does not know the % that is charged? Is there a fee schedule table to at least give me the scope.

Much appreciated the response.

Garyc

Gary,

In all honesty if your current merchant account provider doesn't know the correct discount rate (average 2.2%) or per transaction fee rate (average 25 cents per transaction) it would be best to look for another Authorize.Net reseller.

In my most humble opinion :)

Reseller Directory:

http://www.authorize.net/solutions/merchantsolutions/stateresellerdirectory/

Thank You!

To reiterate what Hasan said, basically what it boils down to is since Authorize.Net is offered by resellers this means your rates for your merchant account and Authorize.Net will vary. If the sales rep you are speaking to is unable to give you a quote for the merchant account they offer and Authorize.Net they probably are shady or at the very least incompetant.

Definitely look for another provider, and if you can, look for several providers. Since the rates and fees offered to you will vary you'll want to shop around and compare fees. Merchant account rate comparison calculators will help make the math easier to do and merchant account rate comparison worksheets will help you gather the data you need to make a comparison.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John Conde :: Certified Authorize.Net Developer (Brainyminds) :: Official Authorize.Net Blogger

NEW! Handling Authorize.Net's Webhooks with PHP

Integrate Every Authorize.Net JSON API with One PHP Class (Sample code included)

Tutorials for integrating Authorize.Net with PHP: AIM, ARB, CIM, Silent Post
All About Authorize.Net's Silent Post

Makes sence now.

Much appreciated,

Garyc

Hi everyone,

Can you tell me the transaction fee for this scenerio first we authorize only  50$ after some time we void 50$,

Authoize.net deduct the transaction fee for authorize and void or authorize.net will return the  transaction fee when we void the authorized transaction.?

Thanks,