cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trial Period and ARB

I was wondering how I could implement a 30 day free trial period with and Annual Subscription with one yearly recurring charge using the SDK. Any ideas or solutions would be appreciated. Thanks

thomaskirk99
5 REPLIES 5

push the start date to 30 day out.

RaynorC1emen7
Expert

Thank you for the suggestion. I tried that and the charge still occurs at the time of the transaction and not in 30 days. I probably should have specified that part of the requirement. The goal would be to have the subscription and the first annual charge occur 30 days from the intial transaction/subscription signup.

I tried that and the charge still occurs at the time of the transaction

That tell me you are doing an AIM transaction for the first transaction as ARB do NOT create a transaction until the start date(will need to be at least next day). You can change the transaction to auth_only to validation the credit card, just void it after.

I appreciate all of the help. But just to make sure I understand what you are saying. When ordering an annual subscription from my clients website, to allow for a 30 day free trial. 

After the customer orders the subcription, only do an auth only charge using the SDK. 

Manually void this transaction from the merchant interface.

Then in 30 days, manually creat the subscription from the merchant interface.

If that is the right way to do it, is there any way to handle it through the SDK all at the time the subscription is purchased?

Thanks!

No. If the only thing you use was ARB and you set the start date to 30 days away. It will work just fine.

But the way you said it create a transaction when you create the ARB, that just don't happen because ARB do not create any transaction until the start date. So you might be doing something else.