cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Updated new amount

Hey!

I am using a VB code.  After collecting the ID and Auth Code,  what should I use to update the charged amount? 

New CaptureRequest?

Dim auth = NewCaptureRequest(0.0, "TransID", "AuthCode")

Do I need to just submit the Authorizations and then the Capture?

I am needing to add gratuity so I have to update the amount after the Authorization process.

Thanks!!

Tim

TB
Contributor
6 REPLIES 6

As far as I know, the capture amount can only be equal or less then the authorization amount with the transactionID.

And with the transactionID you can use CardPresentPriorAuthCapture the or use the Authorization Code with CardPresentCaptureOnly.

RaynorC1emen7
Expert

So, if you needed to send a larger amount,  you would definitely have to void the first and resubmit?  I messed with the CardPresentPriorAuthCapture options to capture a transaction,  but if you can't update the amount I guess you void the first transaction.

Tim

Also, why when an authorization and void are sent at the same time would I get a mixed response?

If I send a new authorization and a void the  string from the response I get has the authorization transactionID and auth code,  but my amount is for the void of 0.00.  It is voiding my previous transaction correctly and authorizing a new transaction correctly,  but the response is giving me the void amount. This occured whether I used the same send request or sent 2 seperate requests with different names and response names.  Is this usual?  Also,  would I be charged for one transaction only?

Tim

TB
Contributor

So, if you needed to send a larger amount,  you would definitely have to void the first and resubmit?  I messed with the CardPresentPriorAuthCapture options to capture a transaction,  but if you can't update the amount I guess you void the first transaction.

Yes you would need to void the first one.  And you will need the card again to create another auth/capture transaction.

If I send a new authorization and a void the  string from the response I get has the authorization transactionID and auth code,  but my amount is for the void of 0.00.  It is voiding my previous transaction correctly and authorizing a new transaction correctly,  but the response is giving me the void amount. This occured whether I used the same send request or sent 2 seperate requests with different names and response names.  Is this usual? 

As long as it is a seperate request/response it should work, might be something not working correctly on your code?

Also,  would I be charged for one transaction only?

Are you talking about fee, each transaction will be a seperate fee. talk to you merchant bank about it.

Also, to void and create another auth/capture transaction might not be a good idea, because they might be at the credit limit and a void sometime don't get process right away at the CC issuer bank.

I am not sure what else I can do.  Generally,  the transaction must be processed again with the tip till later.  This is ths standard practice.  As you are aware,  when paying at a restaurant,  you get a receipt to show your balance owed.  Then they run the card.  Then you add a tip to your receipt.  Then this must be processed again and usually without the card present.  I was hoping to use the auhto code and transactionID and change the amount.  Can't do that,  so I would have to void it and resubmit.

Tim

Probably have to ask your merchant bank if other payment services would do that or see if http://www.cybersource.com/ (authorize.net is part of it) have any recommendation.