cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use createCustomerProfileResponse for preventing duplicate accounts using same credit card

I'm investigating if CIM can support following use case: When new user is signing up for our service, check that credit card he provides is not associated with any other user account on our service.

Based on my undestanding of documentation and some board posts it might be possible to achieve that by calling createCustomerProfileRequest and providing only credit card number.

Would this work?

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<createCustomerProfileRequest xmlns="AnetApi/xml/v1/schema/AnetApiSchema.xsd">
  <merchantAuthentication>
    <name>API Login ID here</name>
    <transactionKey>Transaction Key here</transactionKey>
  </merchantAuthentication>
  <profile>
    <paymentProfiles>
      <payment>
        <creditCard>
          <cardNumber>Credit card number here</cardNumber>
        </creditCard>
      </payment>
    </paymentProfiles>
  </profile>
</createCustomerProfileRequest>

mariozivic
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

that and at least one of these under profile merchantCustomerId, description, or email. And they have to be unique.

If you are not using the hosted CIM, you could save the last 4 and a hash(not encrypt) of the full cc#. Then, you can use those for duplicate cc# check.

View solution in original post

RaynorC1emen7
Expert
2 REPLIES 2

that and at least one of these under profile merchantCustomerId, description, or email. And they have to be unique.

If you are not using the hosted CIM, you could save the last 4 and a hash(not encrypt) of the full cc#. Then, you can use those for duplicate cc# check.

RaynorC1emen7
Expert

If I provide merchantCustomerId, it will always be new, since I'm creating a new user. Same goes for email since we use email for user name.

If I store CC #, it's trivial to solve, but I'm trying to avoid storing it on our side.