cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to do Testing with production account

Hi,

I got a developer account and do some testing on CIM APIs, and it works. now I'm trying out it with the production account against the api.authorize.net, in order to be sure, I turn on the test mode in the account and do a createCustomerProfileRequest, but it got:

The payment gateway account is in Test Mode. The request cannot be processed. (E00009)  

probably this will go away when the 'test mode' is off? but how can I do some test without really charging to a real credit card? thanks,

A.V.

Venngomez1
Contributor
11 REPLIES 11

With test mode turn off on the account.

To test creating payment profile set the validationMode to testMode in the createcustomerprofile and the CreateCustomerPaymentProfile.

You could do a CreateCustomerProfileTransaction with a test credit card number, but it will fail with invalid credit card. p.s. there will be transaction fee.

RaynorC1emen7
Expert

if i do a createCustomerProfileRequest with one of following:

1) validationMode = testMode, a $1.0 transaction is submitted, and it does charge to the card holder, but does it have a transaction fee to the merchant?  and how much?

2) validateMode = 'liveMode',  a small amount is submitted then voided, and a transaction fee is charged to the merchant?

3) validationMode = 'none', this mode is not applicable to createCustomerProfileRequest

is my understanding correct? particularly the #1, even in 'testMode', there is a transaction fee? Thanks,

V.

1)validationmode = testmode, do not test the credit card info enter before saving, so no transaction will be generate. no fee. You have to ask your merchant bank to know how much is transaction fee.

2)Yes

3)validationmode = none, only for if there is no payment profile with the createcustomerprofilerequest.

@RaynorC1emen7 wrote:

With test mode turn off on the account.

To test creating payment profile set the validationMode to testMode in the createcustomerprofile and the CreateCustomerPaymentProfile.

You could do a CreateCustomerProfileTransaction with a test credit card number, but it will fail with invalid credit card. p.s. there will be transaction fee.

I found out, with 'test mode' on in the production account, and 'validationMode' set to 'testMode',  sending a createCustomerProfileRequest works

It work because like a said before. when validationmode =  testmode, no test/transaction will happend before saving.

@RaynorC1emen7 wrote:

It work because like a said before. when validationmode =  testmode, no test/transaction will happend before saving.

so following happens when validationMode=liveMode:

The payment gateway account is in Test Mode. The request cannot be processed. (E00009)  

Thanks for the quick response,

It error because it want to do a auth_only transaction because validationmode = livemode, but your account is in test mode, which said don't do any transaction.

@RaynorC1emen7 wrote:

It error because it want to do a auth_only transaction because validationmode = livemode, but your account is in test mode, which said don't do any transaction.

transaction here means transactions in the issuein bank, right? I was thinking, creating a profile is also a transaction.

sorry, when I said transaction, I mean a credit card transaction all the way to the credit card issuing bank.