cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

API call to get subscription details lacks number of completed payments

I was hopeful when I found the Get Subscription Status API call, but it lacks one crucial peice of info I need,  how many payments have been completed. 

Since you can get that number when loggining in to the Authorize account, I'm surprised it is not included in the API response.

Is there some other method to get the number of payments a subscriber has made?

apex2014
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I have not tried this yet, but I did notice that Get Subscription List returns the total number of "past occurences" (pastOccurences), but it includes successfull and unsuccessful attempts, which I recognize may not be what you are after.

Fritz

View solution in original post

coppercup
Regular Contributor
3 REPLIES 3

I have not tried this yet, but I did notice that Get Subscription List returns the total number of "past occurences" (pastOccurences), but it includes successfull and unsuccessful attempts, which I recognize may not be what you are after.

Fritz

coppercup
Regular Contributor

Thanks for that. I had tried looking into that API call, but initially I couldnt get it to work (was set to SANDBOX oops) 
At least that is closer to what I'm looking for, so thanks again.

Unless I'm missing something, the "Get a List of Subscriptions" call does not provide any way to search for a specific subscriptionID. Can anyone see a way to search for a specific subscriptionID? Here is the documentation:

http://developer.authorize.net/api/reference/index.html#recurring-billing-get-a-list-of-subscription...

The only filtering is by "searchType", which I suppose in this case would usually be "subscriptionActive". In other words, you have to scan through all your active subscriptions, page by page, looking for this particular subscriptionID.

I really think authorize.net should add the pastOccurences field to the response from "Get Subscription". It ought to be very, very easy for them to do.