cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CustomerProfileWS.ValidationModeEnum Valid Values

Could someone give me a list of all the values for CustomerProfileWS.ValidationModeEnum when setting up a new paymet profile? What do each of these values mean?

Thanks.

Ashwini

ashsawant
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

It in the documentation at http://developer.authorize.net/api/cim/

just search on ValidationMode

View solution in original post

RaynorC1emen7
Expert

Yes. none will work for your case. As long as AIM transaction test is successful, you can set ValidationMode to none on the CIM create payment profile.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

It in the documentation at http://developer.authorize.net/api/cim/

just search on ValidationMode

RaynorC1emen7
Expert

Thanks. I don't know why i didn't see that earlier.

I wanted to know if using the value none will help me.

We use the AIM to process a Credit card transaction. if this is successful then we create a customer and payment profile for that card. Because it is in LIVE mode i believe it is processing the $.01 transaction on the card again. But some payment profile requests are rejected by the card issuer. i don't have an actual reason for the rejection.

But in case of this scenario could i use the value none and resubmit the request again to create the payment profile? does this mode just avoid the validation part of it but creates the profile like others?

Yes. none will work for your case. As long as AIM transaction test is successful, you can set ValidationMode to none on the CIM create payment profile.

Thanks so much.

One last question:

Does the testmode value create the payment profile even if the account itself is in still LIVE mode? ie. if i a use a test credit card for testing AIM which gives back an authorization code of C0000, will i be able to create a payment profile using this transaction?

A validationMode value of test is not the same thing as test mode for the account. All validationMode of test means is that only surface validation is performed - as in the fields are tested to see if they -look- ok, but the address, CCV, etc. are not run against the actual credit card info on file.

Not sure if that helps or not, your question was confusing to me.