cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duplicate Transaction has been submitted/Transaction has been declined - CIM

Hello everyone,

I've been testing codes (CIM) on live mode and a few hours ago (i'm using only one Credit Card for testing), everything was working as expected, but now i always receive either "Duplicate Transaction has been submitted" or "Transaction has been declined" errors. Is this some security reason because i've been testing a lot using only one Credit Card or is there really something wrong with the Credit Card i'm using?

Hope someone can help.

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Greetings,

Authorize.Net has a prevention mechanism (Duplicate Transaction Window) in place to avoid processing duplicate transactions. You can either change the dollar amount when submitting follow-up transactions to avoid this error, or adjust the "x_duplicate_window" parameter.

The duplicate transaction window will always be two minutes for all transactions submitted through the Virtual Terminal.

If you wish to adjust the duplicate transaction window for transactions submitted from your software, such as a website or shopping cart, you may do so by adding the "extraOptions" child element to your CIM application.

<extraOptions>
<![CDATA[x_duplicate_window=30]]>
</extraOptions>

The variable x_duplicate_window tells us, in seconds, how much time we should check for duplicates after a transaction is submitted.

Thank You!

View solution in original post

soundcommerce
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor
4 REPLIES 4

Your issue sare almost certainly because you are testing in a live envirnoment. You should be doing your testing using a developer account.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John Conde :: Certified Authorize.Net Developer (Brainyminds) :: Official Authorize.Net Blogger

NEW! Handling Authorize.Net's Webhooks with PHP

Integrate Every Authorize.Net JSON API with One PHP Class (Sample code included)

Tutorials for integrating Authorize.Net with PHP: AIM, ARB, CIM, Silent Post
All About Authorize.Net's Silent Post
stymiee
Expert
Expert

Greetings,

Authorize.Net has a prevention mechanism (Duplicate Transaction Window) in place to avoid processing duplicate transactions. You can either change the dollar amount when submitting follow-up transactions to avoid this error, or adjust the "x_duplicate_window" parameter.

The duplicate transaction window will always be two minutes for all transactions submitted through the Virtual Terminal.

If you wish to adjust the duplicate transaction window for transactions submitted from your software, such as a website or shopping cart, you may do so by adding the "extraOptions" child element to your CIM application.

<extraOptions>
<![CDATA[x_duplicate_window=30]]>
</extraOptions>

The variable x_duplicate_window tells us, in seconds, how much time we should check for duplicates after a transaction is submitted.

Thank You!

soundcommerce
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Hello,

I'm getting the same error but for updateCustomerPaymentProfileRequest.

t doesn't appear that I can provide the extra options value as part of a updateCustomerPaymentProfileRequest, so I'm a bit stuck. 

The scenario I am testing is to update credit card information but 'accidentally' put in the wrong card code, then fix the card code and re-submit.  On that second submission I'm getting the duplicate transaction error.

I'm using liveMode for the validation parameter, so is this error from the validation transaction that is generated automatically?

Ideas? I believe I could use a validationMode of none and generate / void a test transaction manually, but that is less than ideal as it adds complexity and another round-trip.

Thanks for any help you can provide!

I found this post that is directly related to my question about duplicate transactions for creating / updating customer profiles, though it is not particularly helpful.  I've asked a follow-up question there.