cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How Do I Test Webhooks?

I recall there being an option to test webhooks and that option being available via the Authorize.net site after logging into my account but I have not needed it for nearly two years. Today a customer made a purchase which was not recorded on my end. Usually your system pings mine via a webhook and the status is updated to paid in my database but today I found an order with no update. This could be due to the sever being overwhelmed by some high overhead queries I've been running today but it could also be due to changes I don't know about on your end.

Has Autorize.net changed anything over the past 18-24 months which could cause a webhook notification to fail?

The plugin this works with has been in production for nearly two years and I'd hate to revert it to the sandbox just to test a webhook endpoint that has always worked well.

UPDATE: I found fatal error from my webhook file today which I've never seen before. It seems your system is sending mine invalid JSON

[17-Jan-2023 21:59:45 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught Authnetjson\Exception\AuthnetInvalidJsonException: Invalid JSON sent in the Webhook notification in /home/myaccount/public_html/example.com/wp-content/plugins/example/vendor/stymiee/authnetjson/src/Authnetjson/AuthnetWebhook.php:72
Stack trace:
#0 /home/myaccount/public_html/example.com/wp-content/plugins/example/webhook.php(22): Authnetjson\AuthnetWebhook->__construct('3AAA5FB2F8A5556...', '', Array)
#1 {main}
  thrown in /home/myaccount/public_html/example.com/wp-content/plugins/example/vendor/stymiee/authnetjson/src/Authnetjson/AuthnetWebhook.php on line 72

1 REPLY 1

OOPS! How do I remove the part about the invalid JSON? Turns out that was the result of me loading the webhook file in the browser and it not getting valid JSON due to there being no inputs.

Basically, I am back to square one trying to find a reason why my system did not receive and process the notice right.