cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Test Account Signup Problems?

I confess, I'm a N00B, but I figure I can handle filling out a form, lol.

Do we know of an issue with https://developer.authorize.net/testaccount ?

I fill out the form, pass all the tests,  it just flashes like it got the submission,  but nothing happens - no email, no confirmation, nothin'...

Is it me?  I'm 99% sure I'm doing it right, but I'm open to suggestions.  

I read on the forum here there were captcha issues in the past,  and currently, the captcha will generate Ω symbols and Chinese characters, but I just cycle until I get one I can type.  I'm suspecting something going on there,  but I don't know.

Thanks!

kurtjoe
3 REPLIES 3

Hey,

Sorry for the delay, but yes, there were issues with the test account form earlier this week. They're all fixed now though. Were you able to get a test account?

Thanks,

Michelle

Developer Community Manager

Michelle
All Star

I've tried several times this morning to create a new sandbox account by filling out the form here:

https://developer.authorize.net/sandbox/

First, the captcha is extremely frustrating! I have to refresh the blank form four or five times to get a captcha image that I *think* I can read -- most of them are completely illegible! It would be REALLY nice if you had the kind that you could press a button and get a new captcha *without* losing all the form data on the page that you just filled in.

And then, once I do find one, the experience only gets worse: The form itself is straight forward enough, for certain errors, you get nice, convenient, immediate Javascript validation errors like, "passwords do not match", or "you must accept the agreement",

But then: Every. Single. Time. That I've submitted the form... I get redirected to this URL:

https://developer.authorize.net/forms/

With a useless and infuriating error that says:

Authorize.Net Form Processor

Form Errors

- An error occurred while parsing the XML request.

- Error activating test account

Please return to the form and correct the errors.

And although the last sentence is a link (that presses my browser's back button for me) when I follow that, the form is empty again, along with another unreadable captcha...

It gives me no clue whatsoever what might have been wrong with my form -- was my email or username already taken? I tried several of each that I was sure were not, but who knows? (I have had a few dev accounts years ago, but those logins no longer work)

THEN: I actually get a welcome email for each signup, falsely implying that the test account was successfully activated, and giving me a new unique Payment Gateway ID (I think I have all of them, between 440109 and 440122, inclusive)

But it's only a tease - when I try to login with any of the username/passwords, It says:

The Login ID or Password entered is invalid. Please try again.

And then I do.

But I am done.

Am I doing something wrong? Or is this thing broken?

Has anyone else been able to sign up for a dev account today?

Thanks,

-dave

FYI: This was quickly resolved by Joy.

For future victims of this broken form who find this post, the solution was to email developer@authorize.net, mention that the form is FUBAR and send them your your desired username and email.  A human will then create the account for you and send you instructions for getting going.

I found that email address in the Sandbox FAQ, which BTW every noob should read as it contains a wealth of other helpful, peculiar and non-obvious info about the Sandbox that will save you some serious hair-pulling.

Thanks again, Joy!

-dave