cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 Quick q's Re: Test CC Numbers On Live Account

Hello,

When a merchant account is live, meaning non developer, does it have to be in TEST mode only for us to use test cc's? The other question is what are the current/recent credit card #'s we can use with a non developer (live) merchant account?

I want to test my magento authorize.net module for a client as well as another custom built client (both support regular one time payments).

Thanks. I look through google/etc but I have not had luck esp. with Magento and I am not sure if the test cc #'s I use are not valid or if I just need to disable javascript validation for Magento. I just can't go through with an order, basically, with our live (non developer, not on test mode) authorize.net account

Thanks for your time.

jbh1977
Contributor
3 REPLIES 3

Where test mode is on. No real credit card transaction will be created(no fee) with test or read credit card. Which mean transactionID will be zero after a transaction.

If use a test credit card on a live mode, it will get decline, but fee will still occur, if it got validation in magento, then you could try disabling it.

RaynorC1emen7
Expert

So basically I can disable validation on Magneto but, if I just want to use phony cc #'s, I should keep the real merchant account in test mode? If so, what are the recent fake cc #'s I can use? For instance does 4111 111 111 111 still work?

*Or* is it that I sholud only be doing these tests on a developer account? I just figured a real merchant account on 'test' would prove some sort of value. That's why I am a bit confused. I would like to use the real merchant account settings, but put it back on test mode, knowing I can get approvals if needed with a test CC #.

Thanks.

There is a nice article

Test Accounts vs. Live Accounts – Which Does What Anyway?

From that article

Test Mode basically allows you to validate that the transaction information was submitted correctly, but the info is not passed on for processing.