cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AIM sample not working?

I'm brand new to using Auth.net (literally; I signed the paperwork today), and am working on implementing the code. To start, I'm using the test code here:

https://developer.authorize.net/integration/fifteenminutes (click on AIM)

I created a test account (about and have plugged in my test API login ID and transaction key, downloaded and uploaded the SDK, and double checked that the "require_once" path is correct. But when I run aim_test.php, I'm just getting a blank screen.

I added a few "echo" statements to see where it's failing, and it seems to fail at:

$response = $transaction->authorizeAndCapture();

I'm not getting an error message at all, though.

Since this is really step 1 (getting the sample test provided to run), I'm at a loss on how to go further. Any advice on what's going wrong?

jwcarlton
Contributor
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I just got CurlSSL installed (which turned out to be a huge pain, but not related to Auth.net), and now the test script is working.

If the admins for Auth.net are reading this, they might want to consider making a statement somewhere that it's required! I just found it by searching old Google topics.

Thanks for your help, though, TJPride (Fenton?).

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

That's the "live" version of the code. To make it work with a test account, change as follows:

$transaction = new AuthorizeNetAIM('YOUR_API_LOGIN_ID', 'YOUR_TRANSACTION_KEY');
$transaction->setSandbox(true);

For that matter, even on a live account you have to specify setSandbox(false) to get it to work (at least in my experience), so the sample code is less than helpful.

TJPride
Expert

LOL  How would anyone have ever known to do that? That line really should be added to the "15-minute integration" page.

Unfortunately, though, I'm still not getting anything. Here is the exact file that I'm using:

<?php

// I made sure that this is included correctly, using

// get_included_files();

require_once 'anet_php_sdk/AuthorizeNet.php';

// of course, I'm using my actual key and ID, not the placeholders here

$transaction = new AuthorizeNetAIM('MY_ID', 'MY_KEY');

$transaction->setSandbox(true);

$transaction->amount = '9.99';

$transaction->card_num = '4007000000027';

$transaction->exp_date = '10/16';

echo "1 ";

$response = $transaction->authorizeAndCapture();

echo "2 ";

if ($response->approved) {

echo "<h1>Success! The test credit card has been charged!</h1>";

echo "Transaction ID: " . $response->transaction_id;

}

else echo $response->error_message;

?>

I'm getting the "1" from the first echo, but that's it, so apparently it's dying on the "$response=..." line.

I should also mention that I've checked that my firewall does allow port 443 and port 80 tcp, and I do have cURL installed.

Wait, I might have spoken too soon. I have Curl, but not CurlSSL. Let me recompile later tonight with CurlSSL, and come back to this.

I do wish that the "test integration" had included a bit more information. This 15-minute integration has turned in to 72 hours.

I just got CurlSSL installed (which turned out to be a huge pain, but not related to Auth.net), and now the test script is working.

If the admins for Auth.net are reading this, they might want to consider making a statement somewhere that it's required! I just found it by searching old Google topics.

Thanks for your help, though, TJPride (Fenton?).

No problem. Fenton, MO is where I live, incidently.