cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assistance with E00009 - Testing the CIM system setup

I have my checkout program, using the CIM system,  set to Test mode.

I've managed to get the following to occur:

1. New customer gets a CustomerProfileID

2. That customer can add a credit card to the CIM system using the CIM popup

3. Customer can add additional credit cards to their record using the CIM popup

4. Customer places an order,  order is calculated, customer is then presented with a pre-invoice

5. Pre-invoice is capable of pulling the customer's different payment methods on record, and lets them choose which one they want to pay with

Then they click 'Pay Now' and I get this in return:

E00009 The payment gateway account is in Test mode.  The request can not be processed.

Of COURSE the account is in test mode.. I'm testing it :)

As in a previous post,  I have verified that I am using my Test (Sandbox) Merchant information (transactionID, URL's, etc) to do this.

I do see in another post that it says I should set the merchant system off of Test mode but continue to use the test URL's.  If I do this,  will I be able to continue my testing? 

And my 'big question' is,  I assume that this means I need to set my Test (sandbox) account to 'Live', and not the actual live merchant account (the 'real' one) to Live.

I only ask because we've had to flip back and forth between test and live mode so many times to 'test' things that we thought were working that turned out to need tweaks,  and I dont want to end up breaking something.

Thanks for any help,

WHeis

WHeisenberg
Regular Contributor
3 REPLIES 3

Are you setting your live account to test mode? If so, why not simply use a developer account for testing? That way you don't have to worry about potential complications with your live account or worry about test mode.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John Conde :: Certified Authorize.Net Developer (Brainyminds) :: Official Authorize.Net Blogger

NEW! Handling Authorize.Net's Webhooks with PHP

Integrate Every Authorize.Net JSON API with One PHP Class (Sample code included)

Tutorials for integrating Authorize.Net with PHP: AIM, ARB, CIM, Silent Post
All About Authorize.Net's Silent Post
stymiee
Expert
Expert

Hi,

I am using a test account for the testing.   I had forgotten to add the part where I asked the question about whether I'm supposed to switch the 'test' (sandbox) account to live, or the actual Live account to live;  so I edited the original post.

You must have seen it (thanks for the uber-fast response!) as I was editing the original post.

So if I switch my sandbox account to 'Live Mode",  is that all I need to do?  I know there are a couple spots in the code itself that specificallyd designate a 'LiveMode' or 'TestMode" setting.     I just want to be sure I don't need to change any of the settings in the actual 'code' itself.

Thanks for your help, and patience.

Wheis

WHeisenberg
Regular Contributor

I always have it set to liveMode and never have any issues.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John Conde :: Certified Authorize.Net Developer (Brainyminds) :: Official Authorize.Net Blogger

NEW! Handling Authorize.Net's Webhooks with PHP

Integrate Every Authorize.Net JSON API with One PHP Class (Sample code included)

Tutorials for integrating Authorize.Net with PHP: AIM, ARB, CIM, Silent Post
All About Authorize.Net's Silent Post