cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't Explain Error 97

I am using a test account to test transactions.  I am using the Direct Post Method.  It seems to be going well.  I did a few transactions and got the expected responses.  Now, whenever I send a transaction, I get:

Response Code 3
Response Reason Code 97
Response Reason Text (TESTMODE) This transaction cannot be accepted.
Authorization Code 000000
Type auth_capture
Test true

The documentation says that this means that the transaction fingerprint is too old.  However, each time I send it, the fingerprint is recalculated, including a new timestamp.  This means the hash would be different.  I have also tried sending from a new invoice number.  That doesn't seem to help either.  Can you explain why I'm getting this error?

Randy Kaempen
Intellex Corporation

Intellex
8 REPLIES 8

Use the error 97 tool  http://developer.authorize.net/tools/responsecode97/

are you using 4222222222222 as the credit card #?use 4111111111111111

http://developer.authorize.net/guides/AIM/wwhelp/wwhimpl/js/html/wwhelp.htm#href=5_TestTrans.html

also, if you using a test account, no need to turn testmode on.

RaynorC1emen7
Expert

>Use the error 97 tool  http://developer.authorize.net/tools/responsecode97/

I have verified my timestamps and they are within several seconds of Authorize.net's.

>are you using 4222222222222 as the credit card #?use 4111111111111111

I have used several credit card numbers, including real ones.

>also, if you using a test account, no need to turn testmode on.

Perhaps not, but it's good to have that documented in the values I'm sending.  Also, that shouldn't cause the code 97 error.  That's what I'm trying to get an explanation for.

What API are you using, or are you trying to send raw XML requests? Post your code, preferably in a code box (fifth option from the left in Rich Text mode).

The other thing that I could think of you may be sending something unexpected in you DPM form.

>What API are you using, or are you trying to send raw XML requests?

As I said above, I'm using Direct Post.

>Post your code, preferably in a code box

I'm not using code, I'm just sending the values from a web page.

>Test accounts are not the same as test mode. Always use Authorize.net accounts in live mode

I'll try that and see if it helps.  Thanks.

The other thing that I could think of you may be sending something unexpected in you DPM form.

The weird thing is that it worked the first few times.  I got an approved response.  I'm sending the same data again, except for the timestamp and its related hash.  I've tried sending it a new invoice number, but that doesn't seem to help.

Can you copy the form post from the web browser page source on that DPM page, and blank out the loginID so we can see it here?

>Can you copy the form post from the web browser page source on that DPM page, and blank out the loginID so we can see it here?

I went to copy that information from the page and it winds up my software wasn't loading one of the values after the first test.  Thanks for all the help.