cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is mobile App that triggers the web browser for sensitive data PCI Compliant?

Hello,

i want to make my mobile application PCI Compliant. I am planning on using the CIM Api to prevent users to enter CC info everytime they want to make a purchase.

My question is:

If i implement my App to trigger the web browser of the mobile device to open the link to the CIM Hosted form where the users can enter their credit card details, and in this way avoid any kind of CC Details passing through the mobile App, would the mobile app be PCI compliant? 

Basically the user will enter his/her personal details in the web browser and not in my application. The only thing is that the web browser will be triggered by clicking on a link inside my application. The app will not store any information other than the customer profile ID.

Thank you for your help!

Sdarg

spyro
1 REPLY 1

Hello @spyro

It's been a while since this was first posted. I would recommend subscribing to this topic so that you'll be alerted via email if anyone from the community is able to respond with any comments. To subscribe, click Topic Options at the top of this thread and then select Subscribe. You'll then receive an email once anyone replies.

Thanks,

Richard

RichardH
Administrator Administrator
Administrator