cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Newbie Guidance on transaction strategy

Hi. I'm a web developer new to CC processing. We offer  a service where we collect 50% of the total cost on booking and then the 2nd 50% upon completion of the job. The 2nd payment would usually be within 30 days, but could go longer. We would like to collect CC info once at the time of booking and then be able to process the 2nd charge without further input from the customer. Is there an Authorize.net facility that lets me store the CC info without having to keep it in my app database?

I am looking for guidance on how to do this with the various transactions via the API.

Thanks so much!

Ron

rsuliteanu
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I figured it out. It turns out that the CIM API has a call to create a customer profile which includes their CC info. Then at a later day, another API call can do a charge against that profile. Pretty straightforward as it turns out.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

There CIM API for a monthly fee, authorize.net can stored your customer CC info

http://developer.authorize.net/api/reference/features/customer_profiles.html

RaynorC1emen7
Expert

The CIM API looks promising. I would very much appreciate it if someone that understands the sequence of transactions for the application I described could help. Again, I want to collect CC info on a web page, charge once 48 hours later and then once more when the job is finished 10-40 days after the initial transaction.

Thanks!

Ron

I figured it out. It turns out that the CIM API has a call to create a customer profile which includes their CC info. Then at a later day, another API call can do a charge against that profile. Pretty straightforward as it turns out.