cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prevent Duplicate Transactions?

Hi all

I have a site integrated with Authorize.net but we have recently experienced duplicate transactions where a user has refershed the browser and the card has been debited twice for the same amount thus resulting in duplicate card charges etc.

Is there a field within the string POST or something I can add to the POST that would prevent this from happening?

Many thanks for reading.

Kris

kriscons21
1 REPLY 1

The documentation has this to say about AIM. I imagine the other API's have something similar. Essentially, you just need to set the duplicate window to something reasonably large and you should be fine.

The AIM API allows you to specify the window of time after a transaction is submitted during which the payment gateway checks for a duplicate transaction (based on credit card number, invoice number, amount, billing address information, transaction type, etc.) using the duplicate window field (x_duplicate_window). The value for this field can be between 0 and 28800 seconds (maximum of 8 hours).

x_duplicate_window

Indicates in seconds the window of time after a transaction is submitted during which the payment gateway will check for a duplicate transaction. The maximum time allowed is 8 hours (28800 seconds).

If a value less than 0 is sent, the payment gateway will default to 0 seconds. If a value greater than 28800 is sent, the payment gateway will default to 28800. If no value is sent, the payment gateway will default to 2 minutes (120 seconds).

TJPride
Expert