cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I get next billing date in ARB subscription?

Hi,

I am using ARB Authorized.net subscription. my subscription start_date is  01 Jan,2010. I know that ARB will automatically bill my amount on date 01 of every month. But for some reason i need to get my next billing date. For example : I have to update my subscription today (14 May,2010) and I want to get my next  billing date (which is 01 June,2010) from authorized.net. Can I get it from authorized.net or I have to get it manually from my site ?

Thanx

Subhash.

subhash
Contributor
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

You can't get it from Authnet but you don't need to. If you know the next billing date is the first of every month you can easily figure it out programmatically.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John Conde :: Certified Authorize.Net Developer (Brainyminds) :: Official Authorize.Net Blogger

NEW! Handling Authorize.Net's Webhooks with PHP

Integrate Every Authorize.Net JSON API with One PHP Class (Sample code included)

Tutorials for integrating Authorize.Net with PHP: AIM, ARB, CIM, Silent Post
All About Authorize.Net's Silent Post

View solution in original post

stymiee
Expert
Expert
16 REPLIES 16

You can't get it from Authnet but you don't need to. If you know the next billing date is the first of every month you can easily figure it out programmatically.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John Conde :: Certified Authorize.Net Developer (Brainyminds) :: Official Authorize.Net Blogger

NEW! Handling Authorize.Net's Webhooks with PHP

Integrate Every Authorize.Net JSON API with One PHP Class (Sample code included)

Tutorials for integrating Authorize.Net with PHP: AIM, ARB, CIM, Silent Post
All About Authorize.Net's Silent Post
stymiee
Expert
Expert

what happens if you bill date is late in the month e.g July 31? WHat happens in Sept (only goes to 30)

Have your database store the next billing date and then increment it by one month when the callback says a payment came in.

I understand that, but does anyone know what the policy is from Authorize.net. If the subscription starts on Jan. 30 what happens in Feb? Does it get charged on March 2?

I'd be interested in finding that out as well. My client just has all subscriptions start on the first of the next month, that way there's no confusion.

If I understand correctly the "next billing date" for a "monthly" period is always calculated by adding the days of the current month to the latest billing date.

e.g.

1. 15.Jan

2. +31days = 15.Feb

3. +28/29days = 15.Mar

So a monthly billing happens always on the "X.th" of a month.

for February there will always be a little hickup

e.g.

1. 31.Jan (last of month)

2. +31days = 2./3.Mar (the hickup)

3. +28 days =  31.Mar (last of month)

You could always use CIM and just program the billing yourself - that way you have more control over when the billing happens and can set it up any way you prefer.

Hey guys,

If you set up a subscription to bill on daysthat don't exist in other months, like the 31st, then in those months without 31 days, the payment will run on the last day of the month, whatever that may be. So for instance, if you regularly bill on the 30th, then in February, the bill would run on the 28th.

Thanks,

Michelle
Developer Community Manager

That makes good logical sense, thanks.