cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Testing eCheck transactions?

Hi All,

First time poster, long-time lurker.

I'm writing my first integration to the test sandbox and can successfully process CC transactions, but having trouble with eChecks.

Can't seem to get anything to go through successfully.

I've looked for test ABA/Account numbers, but can't seem to find anything in the eCheck Developer Guide. I've been using:

"x_bank_aba_code", "411111111"

"x_bank_acct_num", "411111111"

But get the following (partial) response back:

1. 33 
  2. Bank account number is required. 

Are there specific test account numbers/ABA numbers I should  be using?

Have searched the forums but not finding anything regarding this...

Any help IS appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Caspian

Caspian
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hey Caspian,

Even though you've been a long-time lurker, let me still officially welcome you to our community. :smileyhappy: Good to have you here!

To answer your question, we don't have any eCheck.Net test numbers to use for testing. Instead, what you should use is any bank's valid routing number, and then a random, fake number for the account number. That should work for you.

Hope that helps.

Thanks,

Mimi

View solution in original post

Mimi
Contributor
Contributor
14 REPLIES 14

Hey Caspian,

Even though you've been a long-time lurker, let me still officially welcome you to our community. :smileyhappy: Good to have you here!

To answer your question, we don't have any eCheck.Net test numbers to use for testing. Instead, what you should use is any bank's valid routing number, and then a random, fake number for the account number. That should work for you.

Hope that helps.

Thanks,

Mimi

Mimi
Contributor
Contributor

Works perfectly...and thanks Mimi!

I had "googled" this over the weekend and found a post on some random newsgroup alluding to the same...tried this morning and woila! Was just coming back to update my question with the proper answer and see you beat me to it.

Thanks Again!

-C

Hey.. mimi and caspian,

Can you please provide a  x_bank_aba_code and x_bank_acct_num for testing.

thanks,
Praveenzx~

Just do as Mimi said, use any valid ABA number and make up a bank account number. Valid ABA numbers are easy to find on the Internet, especially if you use Google.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John Conde :: Certified Authorize.Net Developer (Brainyminds) :: Official Authorize.Net Blogger

NEW! Handling Authorize.Net's Webhooks with PHP

Integrate Every Authorize.Net JSON API with One PHP Class (Sample code included)

Tutorials for integrating Authorize.Net with PHP: AIM, ARB, CIM, Silent Post
All About Authorize.Net's Silent Post

guys, for me this does not work.  when I try to make a charge I get the message "This transaction has been declined" - what to do?

ECheck transactions only decline for a very small number of reasons such as the account you are using being over limit.  I would recommend emailing developer@authorize.net with your test account ID and the amount that you are trying to charge.  Theyw ill be able to check and see if the limits on the test account need raised.

hmm... ok, thank.  I appreciate the reply.

I was unable to find a random account number and bank aba code that successfully processes...

Do you have any testing numbers, yet?

Thanks,

Bridget

Can't you just use yours? Should be right at the bottom of your checks.